1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Im trying to load my save but it keeps going back to the title screen.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lambeeronni, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Lambeeronni

Lambeeronni Space Hobo

Hello, I need help. Recently, I've been playing Stardew Valley with mods and was interested in pet interaction. I placed the unzipped mod into the 'mods' folder then quickly booted up the game just to find out that my save won't load. It's stuck on the loading screen for a few seconds before looping back to the title. I've already tried changing the save files and deleting the '_old' suffixed ones, but it still won't load. Additionally, I can create and play a new game without trouble so it's only my save file that's corrupted.

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at these things.
    Is there anything I could do?

Here's a depressing update on the situation.

I managed to fix the issue, well atleadlst I thought I did, by replacing the Lamron_123456789 with a back up save I found in a folder in Smapi. It worked and I managed to play for a bit til I had to leave the game. Unfortunately, when I came back, the save file wouldn't load and it kept sending me back to the title screen again. With all hope lost on that save, I decided to start a new game and recreate my entire progress with a cheat mod. I played for 4 hours straight till I made a mistake and had to load a previous save. I had done this earlier in on the gameplay and it was working fine, I went back the previous day and managed to play 3 hours more, but now suddenly, on day 17 of Spring, I loaded a previous save and it sent me to the title screen, I was now panicking, what the actual heck? I couldn't load the save anymore. This is killing me inside.

I'm fine with having to play the entire game again and again but what's the point if all my new save files keep getting corrupted. I don't know what to do

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2020
    • jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

Hi, you should ask in the Mods section for help since your issue might be related to modding. You should also recreate the issue (try to load the save) and upload your smapi log here https://smapi.io/log/ (follow instructions on the page) and post the link.
      It is possible that you made a mistake while trying to load a previous save but that wouldn't explain why it suddenly doesn't work anymore.
      It might be possible to repair the save file but it seems more important to find out what causes this.
      Edit: I wasn't active on this forum for some time and just saw that the official place for questions is now on reddit: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Help

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020