REQUEST Immersive Farm 2 - Greenhouse Standalone

Discussion in 'Mods' started by CatyCait, Oct 26, 2018.

1. CatyCait

CatyCait Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sooo, not completely a request, BUT if someone wants to do it for me I'd be so happy.

I really want help modifying the greenhouse interior from this farm map (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1531?tab=files) into a a replacement for ANY farm. I feel like it should be simple, but it wasn't. It uses assets from a file called "spring_extras.png" that is custom to the Immersive Farm 2 mod and I don't really understand where that file would go. I guess it has the same watersources and lighting though, so it is just an aesthetic change. The mod creator said I would have to edit the greenhouse of EVERY farm to make this work, but there are mods that replace all the greenhouses.

Alright, I'll shuddap now because I obviously have no clue what I am talking about. I've only done retextures for the game thus far, so this is a little out of my territory. Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks!

(Also, sorry if this is in the wrong area. I'm also a noob to this forum.)

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually it's not that hard, just make the content.json look like this:
      Code:
      {
        "Format": "1.3",
        "Changes": [
          {
            "Action": "Load",
            "Target": "Maps/Greenhouse",
            "FromFile": "assets/Greenhouse.tbin",
          },
        ]
      }
      And you can delete everything from the assets folder except for the fall, spring, summer, and winter extras since I'm not 100% sure but i think they use those probably depending on the season, I've actually never used that greenhouse before I use a different mod, but after that you should be good to go. After doing that my game loaded the map in and seemed to work for me. Optionally you could just leave everything in the assets folder and only edit the content.json, either way it will now only load the greenhouse map and use whatever png it needs for the things inside the greenhouse.

Edit: I do end up coming out of the greenhouse in the middle of my farm instead of the actual greenhouse door so that might be a slight issue, but other than that I haven't had any issues with it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
      • CatyCait

CatyCait Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alrighty. I'll try that. Thank you so much for your help! :)

staarfruit likes this.