Implement a way to recycle matter manipulator modules

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Momopovich, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Momopovich

Momopovich Pangalactic Porcupine

It has probably been asked many times, sorry if you are already working on it. If not, i think it is pretty important. It would be extremely nice to make the modules useful in the endgame. Currently they are not a good source of pixels at all. Add a way to turn them into crafting materials, maybe via a high tier crafting station so it does not affect early/mid game. An other idea would be to drastically increase their pixel value, and you would only be able to turn them into pixels with the pixel compressor or something like that.

Jappards and sagenth like this.
  2. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh ya. I would much rather be able to use them to upgrade my MM forever with diminishing effects. Not just requiring more to go from (for example) 300% to 400% but make the increase less and less. +100%..+50%..+25%.. etc etc It would make it less annoying that you still find the modules even after you have a great working MM. I mean even if it takes 1000 modules to get a 10% increase in power, that is still better than it being fully upgraded and the modules being worthless to you and merely taking space in your inventory.

Perhaps with a name change you could use them to upgrade weapons though, that would be pretty great. I love the spear flurry special, but all those spears suck in terms of damage.

3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

They can be already sold for a decent price. Manipulator Modules can be sold for 200 Pixels, which, on a single-item basis, is a lot, and only weapons tend to reach that.
    Tech Cards sell for even more (250 Pixels each).

4. Momopovich

Momopovich Pangalactic Porcupine

You get much more pixels from other sources during the average time you need to find one of those items. With that cost it's still better to save them if for some reason you want to start a new character because they are still quite rare.

But i think the crafting materials idea is better than just pixels, because you can already farm pixels efficiently many different ways.

sagenth likes this.
  5. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

What if the refinery didn't just turn ore into pixels, but turned items into crafting parts, and if it's a "base level" item then it turns into pixels?