1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Improved Beds

Discussion in 'Furniture and Objects' started by Hexicube, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Worked for a while through the morning to improve on a mechanic that was a bit lacking in the current version: beds!

Currently it's very work in progress but here's what I have so far to show for it (V0.1):
    • Custom crafting area just for making beds, obtained by smelting a single coal ore until a better way exists that doesn't involve editing core files
    • 19 of the 100 beds (all T1 heal rate beds and all T1 appearance beds)
    • All recipes for beds are added upon collecting the custom craft table (this is future-proofed by actually adding all 100 despite most not being there)
    • A 10 tier system:
      • Tiers range from iron(1) to impervium(10), including all other bars between them
      • A bed has 2 associated tiers, appearance and heal rate
      • A bed costs 10 ingots to be created, 2 for appearance 8 for heal rate
    • Appearance has NO effect on the bed's heal rate, and never will
    • A custom GUI for the custom craft table to allow filtering by bed heal rate tier
      • Removed search due to the limited space and lack of need for it
      • Custom category buttons at the bottom of the GUI
      • Removed the pixel icon from items in the list
      • Removed the large wrench BG thingy
    • Bed descriptions will include their heal rate (for reference: most default beds would be 2, 5 for interrogation table)
    • Bed categories are changed in the tool-tip for them to distinguish them further

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/by54hgyuse168qu/BedMod.rar
    Install method: Extract contents to assets, it should make a "BedMod" folder there with all contents inside that

I could use some balancing feedback, currently the beds scale from 2.5x normal bed (T1) to 50x (T10) and I haven't examined how this looks in-game due to a lack of resources and patience. The scaling of strength is slightly logarithmic to match the health scaling, it goes like this: [5, 6.5, 8, 12, 17.5, 27.5, 40, 55, 75, 100]

2. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler