1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Improved Containers 2.11

Persistent storage, Mass selling, Renaming, Searching, Sorting, Quick stacking

1. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

v6ooo submitted a new mod:

Improved Containers - Lets you rename containers and also stores the content inside containers when you break it.

Read more about this mod...

2. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

This sounds awesome! :up: I don't know why the devs haven't added this functionality to the game yet.

Though, I have to wonder about the possibility of some game update or mod update down the road causing the player to loose the stuff in their chests. D: While I'm sure you can't make any promises, is this a real possibility?:cautious:

3. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

look like a great mod
    anyone know if it's suposed to work in nightly too ?

sadly it's not working for me =/

4. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Nightly is being reworked to support Steam workshop and modpaks for unstable will not work for nightly.
    Unless you're a mod developer, please use unstable.

5. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

ok thx for answer, keep the good work sir =)

6. Ray87

Ray87 Void-Bound Voyager

7. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

@Ray87, they are not compatible.

8. Ray87

Ray87 Void-Bound Voyager

thats what i suspected :( i'll have another play with both and a long think, thanks for reply tho

9. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

10. darkmega

darkmega Phantasmal Quasar

I think you just got one-upped by enhanced storage, since he's got item sorting now.

Also, how feasible/unfeasible would it be to have containers that are picked up dynamically show the combined pixel sell price of themselves and all their items within it for rapid Bulk Selling of certain things?

and would you be able to expand the mod to make perhaps a new system I had thought to suggest which is also to do with storage?

Basically it works like the flag and teleporter only for items. You get a crafting station that has an inventory for 3 or 4 slots of special crates that only it can use. Basically you 3D print these chests/boxes out of the machine and take them with you, and you place them down when you want to use them, fill them up, then hit a launch button and it dematerializes the box and sends it back to the linked machine on your ship or colony where it resides in the receiving slot and shows a sprite difference of the chest being on a rack and you can click on the capsule in the machine and it breaks it open deploying the items you threw into it.
    Then in reverse you can set up 3 outgoing slots using the same types of boxes which are then locked in, and you can then summon them down with special placeable teleportation flares or perhaps just from special flags used for the mod. Where they'll just teleport in replacing the flares position with the selected box that you can then break open to retrieve the gear from the box.
    This would be cool for teamwork where one person is managing the base and one sends back loot and resources to be processed, or just for people who explore too much and get inventories upon inventories full of items and can't carry anymore. But I know it would probably be outside the scope for this mod. But I figured it could be a thing you could do if you want.

11. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

One world can not communicate with another w/o server modification.
    You could make a teleporting/warping chest but it would have to be on the same world.

I have no intentions on competing against @NeoVanAlemania, if anything, I'd help him if he needs help with anything.

While our mods have some similarity, our mentality is different.

NeoVanAlemania is making a full-scale mod with all kinds of things. He's even got a new fancy room in the Outpost.

Mine is more of a replacement mini-mod where I try to make sure that even if a player doesn't have the mod installed, the game will work as it should and won't crash for them.
    That means changes to the container and world are limited.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  12. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

13. darkmega

darkmega Phantasmal Quasar

dat popular demand. :D

14. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

15. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

16. gotisch

gotisch Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,

Really like your mod :). Thanks for making it.
    Any chance you can add a keyboard shortcut for lootall & close to containers? or if that is not feasible a buttom to lootall and close, or even just append the functionality of lootall button to also close chests? Or does that not fit the mods theme?

17. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

@gotisch, I've talked about this with a friend but can't come up with a better solution than If you want to loot everything in a container, break it instead of opening it. That's the fastest way to loot all. You can trash the stackable containers later. I am of course still looking for alternatives but nothing beats that.

18. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Hey V - you should update your Mod description - it still says Cheerful Giraffe.

19. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

20. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat