1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Improved Food Descriptions 2.0

Food descriptions now showing the amount of food and remaining rot time in minutes.

1. SubmarineKnight

SubmarineKnight Starship Captain

So if I use this mod together with FU, it just doesn't show improved description for the FU added items but still useable (i.e. items from vanilla still have improved description?)?

I don't know if there is a way to check actual food benefit in the vanilla game so this mod was a time-saver. Now I am restarting with FU, so I am a bit worried it might cause some error.
    I am fine with items in FU not having improved description btw, those have its own easy-to-read bonuses.

2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Sorry to say, but the latest update caused a problem with stack handling.

Since I'm using FU, I grow my crops in hydroponic trays. And whenever a new batch was produced, instead of stacking with preexisting crops, it would appear in the next ready slot. This results in the tray filling up and eventually not producing any more due to lack of space. Like so:
    upload_2017-9-14_14-22-51.png
    I've tried going back to the previous version of IFD and the problem went away, so that's the problem there.

Hope you can find a solution, because this mod is a definite must-have. Best of luck!

4. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

after last update, every food I get would not stack I should stack them manually or press the sort button on my inventory
    and some of them have spoil bar for few seconds and it disappears

5. jvm222

jvm222 Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you for the awesome mod! IT improves game play so much. With the addon pack i noticed a small bug. Raw steak specifically will not stack when picked up. I have to manually stack it in the inventory. Nothing game breaking thankfully. This bug occurred when updating 1.3 to 1.4 and 1.8 to 1.9. Every other food item i've picked up stacks normally.

6. amirmiked12

That's what I was talking about.. Downgrade the mod

7. ryes

ryes Big Damn Hero

Hey,first of all, your mod are great. but somehow there's some bugs that prevent some vanilla produces (like carrot, corn,and automato) replaced as perfectly generic item.just make sure you know this

8. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

Alot of users of More Farming have come to me with reports of PGIs being produced when getting a few produce items. Tomatoes being one of them (and the broken item referenced in the logs). Here I will attach a log file (related to tomatoes) that may or may not help in your investigation. As a fellow modder I strongly urge you to fix this soon, there have been many reports accusing MFM with problems actually caused by this mod. I'd like to see a drop in these reports.

Attached Files:

lannihamm and Vijabei like this.
  9. amirmiked12

[01:42:52.538] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in for iterator 'for iterator'
    [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:1>
    [01:43:02.089] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:21.144] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:1>
    [01:43:22.291] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:22.886] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [01:43:27.568] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:42.713] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:43:48.217] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges now given to player Marley
    [01:43:51.312] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [01:44:02.924] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:44:23.088] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:44:57.482] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[coffeebeans, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/buildfood.lua"]:32: bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [01:45:00.655] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges taken away from Marley
    [01:45:05.834] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges now given to player Marley
    [01:47:15.130] [Info] Chat: <server> Admin privileges taken away from Marley
    [01:47:48.704] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:58:15.392] [Info] Root: Writing runtime configuration to '..\storage\starbound.config'
    [01:58:49.494] [Info]

10. NeoVanAlemania

11. NeoVanAlemania

MelOzone likes this.
  12. Mooncalf99

Still seeing the issue with non-stacking foods. I think it has to do with the no-spoil addition; when a food is added, it has a spoil timer, which is then removed. But since it can't stack with preexisting stacks when it has that timer, it forms a new stack each time.

Please try to fix this. It worked fine in 1.8.1.

13. Didy

Didy Void-Bound Voyager

Can i use Improved Food Descriptions in a Mod Pack?

14. NeoVanAlemania

15. NeoVanAlemania

16. Mooncalf99

STILL getting the non-stacking problem, which causes my hydro trays to overflow. Going back to 1.8.1 again.

Edit: Using the 1.9.1 version but going back to the 1.3 addon fixed the stacking. Dunno what you changed in the 1.4 version, but something broke.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  17. NeoVanAlemania

I tested a bit around but I can't reproduce your issue. My food always stacks properly (addon activated). I don't know how I can help you because I don't have the issue so far.

18. Mooncalf99

Guess I'll do some deeper testing. Could be a mod conflict for me. I'll see if something comes up.

19. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

How do i add my own effects tho

20. NeoVanAlemania

You have to edit the IFD_statuseffects.config file (unpacking the mod pak file). Just look a bit through the file and you should understand how it works.

laz2727 likes this.