1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Improvements to local co-op.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WillNiels, May 26, 2015.

?

Which fixes would you like to see added?

1. Health Bars Above Head.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. More Chests For Multiplayer.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Movable HUD Elements.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Sharing ALL Items.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. Sharing Healing Items.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. I don't consider any of these to be worthwhile fixes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WillNiels

WillNiels Orbital Explorer

Okay, So I really like this game, and local coop is very important to me nowadays. I can play pretty well by myself on the middle (RAINSTORM) difficulty, and I have a lot of fun. BUT, local coop has some problems. I'm going to split this into a couple separate issues:
    1. It's not as fun because you have to split the items up and you end up losing very early or it turns into a solo run, even on DRIZZLE. So I thought of two solutions: More chests, or Shared healing items. If there were more chests with more players, we would have more items to split, and it would be more fun. Or if healing items were shared, at least we wouldn't have one player soloing the game while the others died.
    2. Can't see our health or who we are. Now, I saw some gameplay footage where there were numbers below the players and health bars above them. THAT would be wonderful. Also since I'm playing on a triple monitor setup (another reason why I REALLY like this game), the status bars are kind of off to the side (screenshot related). This could be easily fixed just by having health bars above our heads, otherwise it would be great if we could move the HUD elements with the mouse.
    I would be very happy if any of these fixes were considered. Even if they were just options in a config file or something.

Edit: The picture was supposed to have two lines showing where the window boundaries were. It doesn't look super bad in the picture but trust me, if your p1 or p4, you have to literally turn your head to see your health.

Attached Files: