WIP In-game Farmer Base Changer

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

We've been making some nice progress on this! Anyone have a suggestion for additional male bottoms? So far there will be included the base-game pants, shorts, and a skirt for males from Alex_01. Would people like the long female dress converted to work on a male player?

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Bell bottoms!
      Sweats
      Hammer/Harem pants xD

• ZozZx

ZozZx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the shorter skirt with or without the socks by RuneNL
        i know they aren't for males but i would really like them to be added

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I clicked that watch thread so fast, you have no idea.
          This looks AMAZING!!

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow wow what a neat mod so want can't wait for it.X3 <3

• Jinxiewinxie

If anyone is interested, here's a beta version of 1.0 (that adds farmer base changes, like face type, nose, bottoms, etc.). If you currently use our GetDressed mod, be sure to back up your current version of GetDressed somewhere just in case this gives you problems. Here's a link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5QADMXhIbTaUXhzejlrdHJBcG8

Changelog:

- Adds option to bring up menu using keyboard shortcut (default is C, but you can change it to another letter in the Config that's generated the first time you load the game)
              - Adds two face shape options (normal face and round face) for both genders
              - Adds three nose type options (normal nose, button nose, anime nose) for both genders
              - Adds 9 bottoms for females to choose from [shorts, various skirts, a long skirt, etc. the skirt with socks only looks good with shoe number 2 though)
              - Adds 3 bottoms for males to choose from [shorts and a skirt, can add more per request]
              - Adds 2 shoe types for each gender (one is meant to be a smaller shoe so you can see more leg with the shorts or shorter skirts)
              - Fully customize-able files, you can add bottoms or additional body types by expanding the .png's located in the overrides folder and adding your changes. You'll also need to update the config file to show the total number of whatever you change so that they'll show up in my menu.

Please let me know if you have any sort of difficulties or requests =) Once we have a successful Beta phase and make any needed changes that come up during it, we'll release the update for everyone on the Nexus =)

sheetcakeghost and ZozZx like this.
              • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

The beta is working well for me, but I don't see any nose changes (maybe just not noticing them) and it unfortunately overrides my bath robe swimsuit mod. Of course, I'm not surprised it's doing that, but it'd be nice if I could use my own custom base that changes the swimwear. I have other mods I've made to my bases like making the boy sprite blush when he sleeps like the girl sprite does, etc.

• Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

This looks awesome! It would be nice to have more variety of clothes! (I wouldn't mind having skirts for the male farmer hahaha! I can finally wear a dress for the flowerdance that way :rofl:)

• sheetcakeghost

I noticed another little hiccup with the beta. When you load a new game it resets your skintone to the default (but still says you're the skintone you set it to in the editing menu.) It's an easy fix as you can change it back simply and it stays that way until you load the game again.

• Red_Rose

Red_Rose Phantasmal Quasar

This is looking good keep up the good work.

• Jinxiewinxie

So, if you turn your character sideways in the menu, you'll see the nose options. They're only noticeable from the side. Also, the mod comes with an absolute ton of blushes if you want to have blush all the time, they're options like 98 and above. Alternatively, if you just want to keep your modified base, you may as well just use the original version of Get Dressed: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-get-dressed-updated-4-23.113731/

• sheetcakeghost

Ah! Okay, that makes sense for the nose. Also I saw that with the accessories, which is really neat! Though I do only want the blush for certain poses, but it's okay, I don't particularly miss that it's not there anymore. d: And unfortunately even replacing the farmer bases in the mod has it still using the default base which means there's no way to change the swimwear with the beta.

Outside of that stuff tho things worked perfectly on my end. Tested it multiple times with several different saves in different seasons with various other mods with no conflicts or crashes. So on my end at least, the coding is totally stable.

• Jinxiewinxie

People can individually replace the bathing suits. If you look in the overrides folder, there's are two PNG's called male_bottoms and female_bottoms, you'd just copy and paste the bathing suit you want to be over the bathing suit part in the file. Then save the png with the same name into that same folder and it'll show up in game. =)

• sheetcakeghost

Ah, worked like a charm. Here are the files for anyone who may not have image editing capabilities.

Sorry if some of the things I mentioned in my testing turned out to be stuff you answered already.

Attached Files:

taintedwheat likes this.
                              • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

omg! thanks so much!

• Jinxiewinxie

Thank you for making the edits!

• sheetcakeghost

Oh, you might also be interested in my glasses mod.

[​IMG]

It has a few different colors (not a rainbow of them, this is a personal mod, after all) and you're free to add them to your accessories. Though you might want to move them as I just override accessories I don't care for with them. I've never really felt like editing the coding to make it so they could stand alone. d:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2016
                                      elebuu likes this.
                                    • Minuet Melody

Minuet Melody Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi Jinxie! This mod is wonderful, I love being able to freely change my appearance to more situation-appropriate clothing for events!

I am experiencing a minor problem. Upon loading my save file I notice my character is tan. Maybe I spent too much time in the sun the day before :p

When browsing any of the new options my character defaults to the tanned skin. I've attached a .gif so you can see what I'm talking about:

tan.gif

I am using More Hairstyles and Kawaii Hats. (oh and the issue happens with or without a hat equipped) I was wondering if you are using either of those mods and if you have had the same issue?

• Jinxiewinxie

Those mods shouldn't cause you any difficulty. I'm able to reproduce the issue you're seeing, its pretty interesting, haha. We'll look into what is causing that (looks like any time you switch an option, the skin color is defaulting for some reason). Thank you for noticing it and telling us!

• sheetcakeghost

The only thing I can think of is that each option that isn't being reset has its own line of code in the config. Skintone doesn't have one (and also probably couldn't have one.) It may be possible to make the farmer's skin choosable in the same way pants and hair color is by making the base entirely white. That'd be a lot of extra work tho.