WIP In-game Farmer Base Changer

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

BETA 2!

- Fixes crash that happened when new characters pulled up the menu via C shortcut
    - Fixes issue with new character not loading dresser
    - Fixes issue with per-save configs not being created quite right
    - Fixes issue where the skin color defaulted upon changing other options
    - Adds an option in the config to set showDresser to false (which will hide the dresser)

Download links:
    - Nexus (choose Beta 2 file in the Optional Files bit) link: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/331/
    - Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5QADMXhIbTaNm9jeU9mS2lEZkU

ZozZx likes this.
    • aemilia

aemilia Void-Bound Voyager

for some reason this mod isn't showing up for me :c the original Get Dressed mod works just fine but this one doesnt show up at all. I made sure to extract it to the mods folder too.. I figured maybe it was because I have to delete the original get dressed but I have no idea where I put it, it isnt in the mod folder for some reason. I even tried extracting the farmerbase.xnb, accessories, etc etc into the Farmer folder and overriding those but looks like that didnt work either and just got rid of the skirt I had and replaced them with the original farmer pants.

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

There are two mod folders. One where you game was installed (either steam or GOG) and another in AppData\Roaming\StardewValley. Did you maybe put it in that one by mistake?

aemilia likes this.
        • Jinxiewinxie

Hmm. I recommend just taking the new GetDressed folder that you download and sticking it in the /Mods folder either where you have the game installed or in AppData. Here's the instructions:

Installation Instructions:

• Download the mod
          • Extract the archive
          • Go to AppData\Roaming\StardewValley
          • Add the folder inside the Mods folder
          Inside your Mods folder you should now have a folder called Get Dressed which has a GetDressed.dll and a manifest.json file and the accessories.xnb file. If you've downloaded the Beta, you'll also have a folder called overrides and the accessories.xnb file will be in there instead along with a couple of image files.

aemilia likes this.
          • aemilia

I found the original in appdata/roaming/stardewvalley! its been a while since I've played and downloaded any mods so I completely forgot of this folders existence lol I extracted the beta to the Mods folder where my game was installed which was where my other mods were installed so I was pretty confused on why it wasnt working, thanks for your help, guys! now I can finally enjoy this amazing mod. :DD

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
            • aemilia

oddly enough I got it to show up and my dresser disappeared and everything but when I click the nose options, face type, bottoms, and shoes they all don't go passed one and when I put them on 0 it just makes my farmer tan.. maybe it just didnt download correctly? and the API console is showing errors.. It says something like error occurred in overridden update loop/the rectangle is too large or too small for this resource and it happens when I click these new options.

maybe I should just delete it and move them over to the other mods folder. EDIT; that did not work either, the get dressed mod by itself works fine even when I moved it over to the other mods folder and the beta shows up too! it just doesnt work @_@ I wonder what I'm doing wrong.. this should be pretty simple.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
              • Jinxiewinxie

I'm not sure what's going on there. Do you have both installed? Make sure you only have one GetDressed folder inside whichever Mods folder you're using (either the in Appdata or the one where the game is installed).

• aemilia

Nope not anymore.. I did have both originally but the only thing that did was make the mod not show up at all and when I found it I made sure to delete it, it's probably because it didnt download properly. I'll try re-downloading it and hope that that's the issue.

once again thanks for the help <3

• aemilia

Turns out all I had to do was redownload it because it was corrupted or something from not downloading properly! :p

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                    • Jinxiewinxie

Glad you got it sorted! ^_^

aemilia likes this.
                      • L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Wow Jinxiewinxie you are awesome! I am looking forward to this mod.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                        • Jinxiewinxie

Have you tried the Beta? ^_^

taintedwheat likes this.
                          • L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I have tried the original Get Dressed and I can't play without it especially since I like to change my outfits depending on the day or season. I was wondering are you implementing the maid outfits from your Maid & Alice in Wonderland mod as well?

• L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Oh I never noticed the optional Beta 2 file! :zzz: I usually never click on optional stuff which is why I was using the latest version of Get Dressed.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                              • Jinxiewinxie

Oh! Good call! They are like, halfway implemented because there is an apron-y skirt in the Beta, but it doesn't have the specifically white apron part/specifically black/blue rest of the skirt. I'll add 'em =)

MayaMayhem likes this.
                                • Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, maybe I should add the info for it to the main post so its more noticeable, haha =D

• Jinxiewinxie

I added the DL info for Beta2 in the main post ^_^

MayaMayhem and sheetcakeghost like this.
                                    • Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

Hi, i wanted to know, is there a way of changing the button you press to open the dresser?

• Jinxiewinxie

Yes! So by default its C, but in the Config file you can change it.

Change this: "menuAccessKey": "C",
                                        to this: "menuAccessKey": "N",

if you want N to open the menu.

• Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

Thanks! I thought there was a menu in game that i didn't know how to open, but i was way off

Jinxiewinxie likes this.