In some ways, I look forward to SV more so than SB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matchew, May 11, 2013.

1. Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

Both are different games that have similarities. I'd enjoy both seeing as they fill a niche the other doesn't. I am just kind of sad that Stardew Valley wasn't around when I was highly addicted to Harvest Moon on the Snes. Also glad that Starbound will fix some of the issues I had with Terraria. Great games. Great games.

• deviantwolf

deviantwolf Intergalactic Tourist

Like a few people mentioned, I share some nostalgia with Harvest Moon games so Stardew Valley has definitely made my eyes sparkle as soon as I realized it existed, haha. I wish I could have actually played some of the Harvest Moon "classics" though, like HM 64 and what not but I started with HM: A Wonderful Life and Friends of Mineral Town which are both really cool in different ways. But anyway, I can't wait to see how elements from both of those games are innovated and even improved up in Stardew Valley :)

• over01

over01 Big Damn Hero

I plan on playing both

• Tankeroo

Tankeroo Big Damn Hero

I've been following Starbound for a LONG time. I check the forums every day and I love the daily updates. That's how I found about about Stardew Valley too and I'm so glad that I did. I feel more hype about Starbound but I can't say for sure which one I am looking forward too more. I think that in some ways I am looking forward to Stardew Valley more and in others I am looking forward to Starbound. They're different enough a there's room for both, I'll divide my time! I love everything I've seen about SV and it just keeps getting better and better. I'm so glad this got Greenlit.

• Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

I'm looking forward to play both games equal.
            Hopefully one comes soon =)

• pinkcatmint

pinkcatmint Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm looking forward to both games. I may get my husband to play Starbound since he is more into space adventures and he enjoyed Terarria. He likes challenging games, and so do I, but I also enjoy relaxing, peaceful games. Stardew Valley will be my game, since I'm sure my husband won't go near it. LOL I'm a long time Harvest Moon fan, so I really love almost any kind of farm game I can get my hands on.

• Colton

Colton Phantasmal Quasar

I'm looking forward to both equally for entirely different reasons. I love the theme of SV because I'm a pretty big fan of the earlier Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games. I love the graphic style/aesthetic, I love the concept, and I'm really digging the improvements I've seen over the past half a year or so. It's really looking great. I'm also looking forward to playing it with a friend who enjoys the RF series as much as I do.

Starbound I like not only because of its graphic style, but also because of its procedural generation--especially when it comes to the weapons, armors, and monsters. The tech* thing is totally up my alley, and I'd love to see how it'll be expanded upon :) The lore seems pretty neat too, from what I've seen so far.

*http://starbounder.org/Tech

• Osmedirez

Osmedirez Phantasmal Quasar

Starbound is the game I've always dreamed about but never thought would happen. Stardew Valley is the game I always wanted but never dreamed about because after so many iterations of this type of sim, i never thought anyone would do it sandbox style the way I wanted.. but someone did. Been following it since it showed up on steam greenlight last year. Can't wait to play both! ^_^

K00L likes this.
                  • Flowless

Flowless Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really excited for this game. More so than Starbound, but I understand this game will probably be out much later than Starbound releases. Especially since it's just one guy doing everything. Good thing Rune Factory 4 is due to be out on the 3DS in Oct 1st though. That should hold me over for a good while :3

• gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can also think it has to do with the way the two different games post updates. for instance SB posts each day what they have been working on each day which was interesting at first but got a bit monotonous after a while .But Ca has been kinda conservative about updates which makes us more interested in finding out what will be featured in the released version.

• Bandethor

Bandethor Pangalactic Porcupine

i plan on having them both they both look like realy great games

• scottmenace

scottmenace Orbital Explorer

i still have my allowance so im be very getting to play this game.! hm btn :">

• spidey169

spidey169 Master Chief

I agree, even though I'm pretty excited about Starbound, I'm super estatic about Stardew Valley, and more than likely will play that over Starbound =D

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Best way of putting it, to be honest. I'm glad we're not getting overloaded with updates from CA. It'd be too much of a good thing.