1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Incoming client packet has caused exception

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by confess2wes, May 25, 2020.

1. confess2wes

confess2wes Space Hobo

Every time I try to join my friends game it gives me this message. We have no mods installed and I tried creating a new character as well as verifying game files to no avail. I've included the error log. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Does one of your friends use at least one mod (especially the host)? Please verify that absolutly no one is using any mods and that everyone has the latest version of Starbound.

3. confess2wes

confess2wes Space Hobo

The three of us all double-checked mod folders and have nothing installed. All of our games are fresh installs and fully updated. Since posting I have also tried making a new character, reinstalling, and verifying game files none of which worked. It may also be worth mentioning that we each tried to host the game and I was unable to join either of them. However, one of them was able to join my game. Another update- I turned on allowing mismatching assets and now I am getting a different error when I try to join my friend's game. It reads client ship world has errored.

Last edited: May 26, 2020