1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Hydroponics and Automated Greenhouses: How do?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kahvi, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Kahvi

Kahvi Phantasmal Quasar

I've been trying (and failing) at figuring out how to get a decent greenhouse running.

I can get a decent water supply silo built, but when it comes to doing any wiring and making sprinklers, I fail. I know have the tilled land set up so that water can run off into a special tubing under the ground to go back to the silo, but setting up sensors and using the silo to fill a sprinkler... i'm kinda fail at. Other things, is it possible to have the ground water supply water to the tilled land from below so i can make this a little easier?

How might I solve this Irritating Indoor Irrigation Investigation.

Gav Featherbeak likes this.
  2. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but I'd like to know as well. Also, Amazing Alliteration; Altered All my previous thoughts about this subject.

3. Kahvi

Kahvi Phantasmal Quasar

Feeling Stupid... kinda.
    Just noticed the nightly has a sprinkler in it. Not sure if it's in stable yet. Once i start making those, i guess I can get it going on.

4. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Big Damn Hero

OP, are you playing Stable or Nightly? If Stable, there are plenty of youtube videos about how to make an automatically watering farm. (There are no sprinklers in Stable yet, so you need a combo of doors and timers, etc.)

5. Kahvi

Kahvi Phantasmal Quasar

I've been switching between the two. Mostly getting back into the nightly builds.