1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP IndustrialBound - IC2 with a Gregtech feeling (Looking for Designers)

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by AliasXNeo, Dec 21, 2013.

1. AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, maybe like the existing red buttons going up and down in a dissimilar fashion (kind of like how audio players visualize music).

2. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

How will you be balancing for a 2d world? Things like, say, pipes will be much more difficult. Largescale machines, without some sort of warp pipe, will be impossible. Unless pipes will have some sort of tech like the wires did, where multiple could exist on one tile, but that's not really feasible.

3. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Not sure about non-box styled machines, but I can probably whip up some apex-style machines. After all, they're the advanced ones here.

I want to check out this patch first though, maybe I can make my own mod work with an addition I hope got added to it.

4. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Here's an attempt at a high-tech smelter:

apex_smelter.png
    Frames: Idle, placing, animation(x8)

5. ROFLCopter64bit

ROFLCopter64bit Subatomic Cosmonaut

Alright, I would like to help as a coder.

6. AliasXNeo

I have no intentions of introducing piping at this point in time. If I do anything in that area it's going to be something more similar to how Applied Energistics (Minecraft) worked. However, I'll probably just start off with some kind of simple hopper system first. Regardless, the API is in no way ready to support any of that now, so this is all quite a ways down the road.

Looks good, although you might want to add in a few more lights to match up more with the melting furnace (see previous page).

Thanks. Just keep an eye out on the Issues page on GitHub (linked in the OT) and feel free to help out when you can.

Just an update to everyone, I did my first trial test last night and it went very smoothly. Was able to obtain the first quest and unlock all of the initial recipes. I suspect a first release is right around the corner (pending pixel art of course).

7. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

I would say giving the hatch a bit of a fiery glow where it shuts at, as though a tiny bit of the heat is showing through it. I'm talking about the zipperish portion of it, not the rectangular boundaries.

8. AliasXNeo

Anybody interested in doing the lesser items? Especially the tin ore and it's animation.

9. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

I think we should get a better method of talking, I can probably manage a lot of the things you seem to need right now.

I'll go make some tin ore...nothing to do right now...

[edit]
    tin.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  10. AliasXNeo

I'm on ##IndustrialBound on FreeNode.

11. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Room is empty. I was also thinking of something like steam/skype, as I usually don't have that chat open.

12. AliasXNeo

I've been on all morning :p You sure your in the right place?

You can add me on Steam under the same username.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  13. AliasXNeo

Updated to latest patch and added in full support for the research table.

14. AliasXNeo

Updated GitHub with pre reqs for new alloy - Electrum. Still need to do research into how the second tier of machines are going to work.

15. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

I decided to make the capsules and the Tin and Electrum bars.
    Capsules:
    LiquidCapsule_Empty_LARGE.png LiquidCapsule_Copper_LARGE.png LiquidCapsule_Iron_LARGE - Copy.png LiquidCapsule_Silver_LARGE.png LiquidCapsule_Electrum_LARGE.png LiquidCapsule_Water_LARGE.png LiquidCapsule_Lava_LARGE.png
    The order is:Empty, Copper, Iron, Silver , Electrum, Water, Lava
    I added water and lava, because it would be really nice to be able to move liquids around, perhaps liquid capsules could absorb 3-10 blocks of liquid, which could then be placed elsewhere. It's currently impossible to get a swimming pool on the top of my mountain, where the view would be absolutely orgasmic. You could also use it to quench metals, which might be part of forging an epic weapon.
    I'm pretty sure that the iron and silver ones look way too similar, though. :( I'll try to fix it.

And the bars are:
    Electrumbar_LARGE.png Tinbar_LARGE.png

They are 16x16, but those are way too small to see, so I scaled them up.
    Kinda hard to see in the pics, but they have a nice border around them, copied from Chucklefish's items.

Since they're big, here they are at actual size.
    LiquidCapsule_Iron.png LiquidCapsule_Copper.png LiquidCapsule_Electrum.png LiquidCapsule_Empty.png LiquidCapsule_Silver.png LiquidCapsule_Silver.png LiquidCapsule_Water.png LiquidCapsule_Lava.png Tinbar.png Electrumbar.png

For the grinder, do you want it to be like a two-wheeled bench grinder? Or more like a smashing machine?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  16. AliasXNeo

Excellent, thank you. Could you do tin and gold liquid capsules as well (so they all have consistency). I would prefer a wheeled grinder (more realistic to be honest) with a more futuristic look to it. Thanks again :)

17. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Alright, I did the grinder. My first placable object so i'm not sure if it turned out.
    Grinder_LARGE.png
    The icon for the grinder
    GrinderIcon_LARGE.png
    And here they are small.
    Grinder.png <-- Can you see it? It's there. :p
    GrinderIcon.png I find it kinda funny that the object itself is smaller than the icon.

And, here's the tin and gold liquid canisters.
    LiquidCapsule_Tin_LARGE.png LiquidCapsule_Gold_LARGE.png
    And here they are little.
    LiquidCapsule_Gold.png LiquidCapsule_Tin.png

Unfortunately, now I have 3 grey canisters to compare. They seem to be different enough to identify them when they're right next to each other.
    For the alloy chiller, do you mean quenching the metal? This can be done in a water bucket at first. Then you might get a quenching tank that's filled with something more exotic (like Nitrogen).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014