Modding Help Insta-crash

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Earqus, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Earqus

Earqus Space Hobo

SO ive just gotten Starbound and it works fine without mods however I downloaded like 5 very simple mods for it that change things like mining speed and fall damage through vortex. However anytime i try to launch it shows the chucklefish logo, fades and then just closes. No error message nothing just closes, I was hoping someone could help me. Here is my pastebin https://pastebin.com/ZPnSzyxB

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Code:
    [11:35:10.024] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (MapException) Key 'metaBoundBox' not found in Map::get()
    1 of ur mods seems to be pretty old. seeing as you only hav 6 mods it shouldn't b too troublesome to just uninstall them and re-add them 1 by 1, so could you try that? seeing as you have Vortex this should only just require disabling each in vortex so the hardlink is deleted

3. Earqus

Earqus Space Hobo

Yeah Some of them work but if they are old does that make them not work at all?

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

depends on the mod. if adding it crashes the game, it should be removed and all mods strictly dependent on it (as in will crash without it) should as well. if adding it doesn't crash you can keep it in as long as u want it. its also possible for a mod to crash in the presence of other mods, most commonly dirty edits, so u should check that too

i actually hav a mod i made in early 1.3 and it still works this late in