1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Installer Has No File Extension

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Treadlight, May 11, 2013.

1. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

When I try to download the beta from the Humble Store, I get a strange exe file that turns into a file with no extension when I click 'Show in folder'. Opening it directly from my browser, or adding '.exe' as the file extension after viewing it, both cause the same error about my version of Windows. I have Windows 7 64 bit, using Google Chrome (dev update channel) as my browser.
    Would any of you be able to help?

• Regulith

Regulith Void-Bound Voyager

1) It's not an installer.

2) You don't need to add any file extension. Just open the file with WinRAR and extract the contents.

In the future, you might wanna check threads with big red "Important" tags on them first, eh? ;)

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I thought it was an installer because it appeared as an exe to Chrome. Thank you for the help. This is extremely embarrassing, but I wouldn't have gotten it working otherwise.
        Whoops, I usually read those, I thought it was for obtaining the beta, not installing it. This is extremely embarrassing.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Don't worry; it's odd that it doesnt download as a.rar in the first place. I shot the Humble guys a message, hopefully its something they can fix.

• Regulith

Regulith Void-Bound Voyager

No sweat, everyone makes mistakes, haha.