RELEASED Instant Fishing Mod

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by aurnj, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Maeli26

Maeli26 Intergalactic Tourist

How to use the download once downloaded? (Specifically on Mac) Where should I be putting the files/how should I be using the files?

• aurnj

aurnj Astral Cartographer

• Maeli26

Maeli26 Intergalactic Tourist

Awesome sauce! I got it to work thanks to the link. However, I was fishing out by the mines, on one of the islands, and the game crashed on me. I had several successful catches before it had an issue, though.

• aurnj

Do you remember what the error log said?

• skunlii

skunlii Void-Bound Voyager

Can you check the link, ver1.2 download link is error :(

• Daken3

Daken3 Space Hobo

Does this require the SMAPI? or is it added by replacing the file like with an .xnb?

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

It requires SMAPI.

• discordkitty

discordkitty Void-Bound Voyager

Am I correct in assuming that v 1.2 includes the change in v 1.1 that has them only being caught in their correct season?

Thanks for the great updates, btw! I like it feeling less cheat-y

• springacres

I think so, for the most part, although I recall having caught Smallmouth Bass in winter since installing v1.2.

• discordkitty

I just caught a Void Salmon and a Slimejack on the beach docks on a new farm save halfway through Spring 1 lol.

springacres likes this.
                    • springacres

Just got a really weird error while fishing - the screen went blank, and I got this error log in Terminal. (It might be related to my having installed a newer version of Super Easier Fishing; maybe something in that particular XNB conflicts with this mod?)

Attached Files:

• discordkitty

Code:
                        [01:22:14 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
                          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
                          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 520

I've just had the game crash twice (once to desktop, once the screen just went black) AFTER putting v1.2 back into my Mods folder. I don't think it's a conflict with the super easier fishing mod because I don't have that one in my game. I don't know if it's a specific fish or what. When I was using v1.2 on my windows 7 desktop I had no issues except the void salmon and the slimejack didn't have their proper graphics in the inventory screen - they were straight lines instead and I had no crashing issues.

I'm now playing on a new windows 10 laptop and realized after catching 3 of the 11k legend fish in a row that I still had the original version. I removed that version and put in 1.2 and came into the crashing issue. I don't know if it's with a specific fish (I had previously caught both void salmon and slimejack on this laptop with no issues and proper graphics) but what I see right before the crash is the normal animation of the farmer pulling up on the rod to bring the fish up and nothing on the end of the line, then the game either crashes to desktop or goes to a black screen. When the screen was black I could still fish (in that I heard the noises of casting, pulling the line out etc) but couldn't see any of it.

The first time it happened I had fished without issues on the dock of the lake by the wizard tower and then went to the spa, filled my energy and started fishing over by the spot by the mine and it crashed to desktop after a couple goes. This time was the most painful because I had hit new heart levels with several of the villagers and had gone through several cutscenes while wandering through town. The second time I was basically redoing what I had done and lost and then when I started fishing again in the lake by the wizard tower, it crashed after the first 2-3 rounds of fishing with the same animation and then to the black screen. I had even been running the API launcher through a compatibility tester to see if it was a windows 10 issue.

And now I'm removing v1.2 and off to redo that day for a third time ><

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
                        • bruceczk

bruceczk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having the same issue. I think it's specific fish related

• aurnj

I believe I've located the issue, 1.3 should fix the crashes. If there's still an error, let me know.

discordkitty and springacres like this.
                            • springacres

Thanks for your fast response. It hasn't happened since, but I will update just in case.

Coolwyngs likes this.
                              • discordkitty

Thanks so much for the fix! I'll pop this one in my game now =)

• AmyRachaelNapier

AmyRachaelNapier Void-Bound Voyager

Just tried this in lieu of super_easier_fishing breaking for me. It feels a bit too cheaty for me. I kinda just want the minigame made easier. :/

• aurnj

Well, it is under cheats :DD

• Kattalyne

Kattalyne Space Hobo

I can't get SMAPI to work, and would like just an xnb of this... I've tried both "easier fishing" and "super easier fishing" and neither of them are easier for me.

• aurnj

XNBs are for texture-altering mods. This is a SMAPI mod.