Interesting Idea for Starbound

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Bunny Fluff, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you like my Idea?

1. Yes, it's interesting

2. ehh, it's alright

3. I dont think it would fit well

4. Not really, it could use some work

5. No, i dont think it would fit well with the game

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bunny Fluff

Bunny Fluff Space Spelunker

So, as we all know, starbound has solar systems with planets and other things inside, and with the mech, we can explore things we were previously unable to. What i was thinking was to add something new to the solar system screen, Supernovas. Stars die eventually, it isnt a stretch to say some would be dying at the time of the game occuring, so what if we could utilize the mech to explore the deceased star.
    I was also thinking it could be a great opportunity to add things for Novakids, as ive noticed they seem to have a lack of civilisation and culture, (if that's due to lore reasons please let me know), so i was thinking it could be good to add a western type town, like with a saloon and those things.

Thank you for taking time to read my Idea, feedback would be appreciated.

Armorine1983 likes this.
  2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Why not
    Tho, if you talking about things taking place INSIDE the nova, that might be more lethal than anything else

3. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

We can't currently explore gas giants/stars/etc. While I don't disagree that it would be fun to explore a super nova, I don't think it would make sense with the game in its current state.

4. Lazarus Mandas

Lazarus Mandas Void-Bound Voyager

one problem with this
    the earth's atmosphere is 2.5*10^19 particles per cubic centimeter
    a nebula has 10^2-10^4 particles per cubic centimeter
    you could approximately fit 6*10^19 cubic centimeters of nebula in a single grain of sand
    basically you're gonna find a whole lot of nothin'

edit- you might find gargantuan lightning strikes though, that'd be heckin neato and also theoretically might be so large that if you had a faster-than-light observation method you'd actually be able to see it move

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  5. Lazarus Mandas

Lazarus Mandas Void-Bound Voyager

wait!! i've been necroing the entire time i'm sorry dudes

Roskii Heiral likes this.