Modding Help interface/chests problem.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Violent Pacifist, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Violent Pacifist

Violent Pacifist Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, so I finished my very first mod for Starbound. I was just messing around and decided to make an ultimate storage container, with 365 slots. everything works out fine except for one error when I try to open the chest ingame. I used the locker2.object preset for it, and changed the settings. It seems that there is an error loading /interface/chests/chest365
    I have made an interface/chests/chest365.config file into my mods assets folder, and that still didn't work after editing the file. (Do I have to re-create the <mymodname>.object? Or is it a different problem? Help is greatly appreciated. (And the official? mod helping site has absolutely nothing on this, and yes I have followed the instructions completely.)

-Violent Pacifist.

2. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Always check the log file for errors as that's the first thing we will tell you to do. Post the log file if you don't understand what it says.
    It is probably a syntax error.

If you've made a new ui config and changed it for the object, and also increased the number of slots then you've done everything you should.

3. Violent Pacifist

[00:40:46.009] [Error] Exception caught in client main-loop
    (AssetException) Error loading asset /interface/chests/chest365.config
    Not sure what to do now. I did change the value of the slots back to 9, and it still had that error. (Before I made interface/chests/chest365)

4. Violent Pacifist

This is entirely up to you, but it would be greatly appreciated. If you would make a chest mod using the locker2 preset and send it via dropbox to me, that way I can see what I did wrong.

5. Violent Pacifist

Aha, I have found the fix. The log file was no help though. (I hadn't known this prior to making the mod) You have to create the config file and folders at the same time you create everything else, or else it wont work. It's kind of obvious but I thought if I simply created it afterwards or modified it it would find it, oh well. Thanks for the help though.