Internal Building Space?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maholix, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Maholix

Maholix Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm getting ready to do a Jojo co play through and it occurred to me that my farm should look less floral. Sort of like, RP being a jojo co executive or something and since I don't value the land, I plan to kinda "warehouse" the farm. To that end, I was thinking of adding lots of spare buildings and making it look really cluttered.

Once I got to thinking about it like this, it occurred to me.. if I have room for spare buildings on a farm, why not use them for a non-intended purpose? Like, turn the inside of one of the coops into an ore processing building and so forth. I mean, you can put anything inside buildings right? In the game, there are 3 animal pens that can be entered (9 if you count upgrades), a green house, the actual house (which I would prolly just make an office) and your cave.

That's some decent choices! They also take up different spaces.. but that's external space. To know which building to use for what purpose, I need to know how much space a building has INSIDE. Is there anywhere that lists how many usable tiles are inside the buildings themselves? Anyone figured this out yet?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    • Filthy Casual

Filthy Casual Space Penguin Leader

I'm not really sure how many usable tiles each of the three animal buildings has.

But I can recommend that you use either the bard or slime hutch for machine purposes. They are much bigger internally than the coop. Never really tried the hutch for that as I keep slimes in it (iridium is awesome), But I do use the barn for for that purpose and with walking room for the machines... I have managed to fit 99 in the deluxe barn,

• RyuXami

RyuXami Star Wrangler

i put 100 kegs in my big barn :D

• Maholix

Maholix Void-Bound Voyager

So in short, "don't use the coop, it's too small. The fully upgraded barn has room for 100 stations comfortably." That's something at least. I appreciate the info. It's not the exact number, but gives me an idea of what I can expect. But it's only the one building. I think it might look better if I can dot my land with various buildings, for variety's sake. Hence why I asked if anyone knew the inside space of the buildings in general. That way, I can plan things out.

So to that end, what makes the hutch so good for this purpose? Any estimates about how much can fit inside it? And about the chicken coop, it's clearly not a favorite. Does it have less room inside of it than it takes up on the outside or something? Basically, if I can't get exact numbers, I'm looking for answers that give rough estimates on how much inside space each building has.

I asked it here because I figure lots of people messing with their farms could figure out stuff way faster and heck, someone may have worked it out already. Seems this isn't something others have looked into very extensively though. So yeah, any info is great! :up:

So far, thanks to you two I have:

Barn = 100

Again, thanks for the info.

Oh, also on a related note.. since fully upgraded buildings have auto feeders, do they restock every day, even when the building is empty? Or just when animals eat the hay?

• zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

Ummm I've not messed around with it because I'm not looking to min/max but I think the internal sizing goes something like
            Deluxe Barn --> Big Barn/Slime Hutch maybe? --> Deluxe Coop --> Barn --> Big Coop --> Coop

I could be totally off in those estimates though. I just know that pretty much all the crazy keg farms I have seen have used a bunch of barns as they are easier to make than the slime hutch and bigger than the coops.

• Damoncord

Damoncord Void-Bound Voyager

Ok external dimensions:

Barn 4 tall x 7 wide
              Coop 3 tall x 6 wide
              Hutch 6 tall x 11 wide

Internal Dimensions, MAX EXPANDED

Barn 11 Tall x 23 Wide Wasted 51squares 202 total squares
              Coop 6 Tall x 21 Wide Wasted 26 squares 100 total squares
              Hutch 8 Tall x 16 Wide Wasted 6 squares 122 total squares

granted all 3 have some wasted spaces on stuff, but the barn is by far the largest.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016