Race Introducing: The Pecore!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by 1hkem, Jun 30, 2016.

?

Honest: Would you play this race if given the chance?

1. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

28.6%
  2. Yeah, they sound cool!

42.9%
  3. I mean, once or twice, but not often.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nah, I'm good.

28.6%
  5. No, you piece of overgrown garbage, you're such a cabbage you absolute rusty curtain rod. smh.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes.

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

1hkem here!
    Hello forum wanderer! It is I, someone of which you've likely never heard of! A long long time ago, in a forum about two years ago, I made a discussion. A discussion regarding a race of sheep called the Sheeple. Sound silly? It was, and still is! but now I've improved this idea and want to slap it into the face of the Chucklefish forums with the might of my skinny arms! so here you are! If anyone would like to help me with this, I would absolutely, positively love you for it! Lets get right into this wonderful discussion!

We need a sheep race.

we have alpacas, and the Novakids got in, right? then again their idea wasn't super silly. but Sheep have potential and could work well if you tried! I think Sheep should be Steampunks! seeing as we haven't used that, yet its such an interesting concept! here are a few examples to get you, or whoever actually accepts this, started. Obviously there are steampunk items in game, but imagine what you could do with a whole race built around them! THINK OF THE COLONIES! The sheep race goes by the name of the Pecore, which simply means "Sheep" in Italian.

Armor!
    - Sweaters! (iron set)
    *these sweaters, beanies and socks remind you much of the ones your grandmother made for you. of course, these ones are laced with Iron and are much heavier than you remember, but you can almost still feel her loving touch in them.

- Steel wool! (steel set)
    *The name is merely a pun, as it would be inhumane to wear armor made from the hair of your kin. It is, however, very, very comfy for a vest made almost entirely out of steel.

- Black Sheep (titanium set)
    *Baa Baa black sheep, have you any wool? "yes, it was torn from the bodies of my enemies." The fabled black sheep clan still strikes fear into the hearts of Pecore everywhere today. Now, you can strike the same fear into your enemies while wearing this titanium plated suit!

- Durasteel wool! (Durasteel set)
    *This beautifully crafted, sleek suit, with the addition of Durasteel chestplates and two, sleek brass and titanium sleeves, will look great on you as you don your matching bowler hat and blast your way through your countless foes in style.

- R.A.M.! (Impervium set)
    *This trenchoat, covered in gears and copper wires, is actually also 20% wool. it may seem cruel, but hey. beauty hurts. now put on your unnecessarily heavy top hat and walk into the crossfire of that massive battle awaiting you.

- E.W.E.! (Ferozium set)
    *This bartender's vest and shirt may not seem appropriate for the caretaker of a herd of sheep, but it makes up for it by being so fashionable. plus, it's really lightweight!

- Golden Fleece! (Cerulium set)
    *You see, the clockwork armor set was already taken by the novakids, so, because the Pecore wanted so badly to be original, they designed this duster to be covered in watches. not clocks, but watches. yeah, that's about as original as it gets.

Weapons!
    lots of sheep puns, basically. ex
    -Shear-will! (Titanium hand-cannon)
    -Argalony! (Durasteel hand cannon)
    -Baamb ( Ferozium 1-handed sticky grenade launcher)
    -Wolf in sheep's clothing (Impervium hand cannon)

Relationships!
    The Pecore think of themselves as the heroic Pilgrims of the middle class, settling new lands, trying to make peace with the "savages" in hopes of establishing good alliances and trade systems, things of the such. They have good, even great intentions at heart, wanting the best for everyone, but they don't always get recognized for this, because of the way they treat others. The Pecore see themselves equal to none. They, despite being very pampered and well-treated, feel oppressed by Apex and Hylotyl, as if the races were mistreating them. They treat all other races, as in Glitch, Floran, Avian, Novakid and Human, as if they were juvenile citizens constantly requiring assistance. The Pecore treat these races well, with kind words and actions, but they themselves may be naiive, as they do not understand how to respect these races, or try to adapt with their culture. They take a sort of Victorian Robin Hood position in society, as they despise the more advanced races, and adore the races they think are somewhat under them.

Characterization!
    seeing as they are steampunks, they would most likely live on giant flying islands with giant propellers. Because flying steampunk cities are super cool. It'd also be cool if they were British, because you can't be a proper steampunk without being formal, ruggedly-handsome, and British. The Sheeple's speech would be absolutely filled with puns, mostly sheep puns, but anything works if it fits with the occasion.

Characterization2!
    As for your Sheeple's appearance, you have the following:

- Head/Hat Your Sheeple can wear a fez, or a large mustache, a big wooly afro, a fedora, or a teeny-tiny top hat!

- Body/Vest Sheeple can wear either vests, long sleeved vests, or nothing, just your wooly exterior all armor pieces have bowties, however, because bowties just scream formal steampunk sheep man right over here! (yes, the bowtie is an armor piece if you choose the "shirtless" option)

- skin/wool Your Sheeple can have either white skin and white wool, White skin and gray wool, black skin and black wool, brown skin and brown wool, or... white skin and hot pink wool. (comic relief race, am I right?)

- legs/hooves Sheeple can either have short-shorts, jeans, or another, black variant of jeans with a large-ish belt buckle. changing to short shorts also gives your sheep little athletic shoes, which are adorable. otherwise your feet are only hooves.

- colors! you can change the color of your vest, which also changes the color of your bowtie. you can change the color of your pants, which also changes the color of the laces on your athletic shoes if you chose to wear them, as well as your belt If you're wearing it. you can change the color of your hat item, whether it be the color of your moustache hair (all colors of the rainbow available!) the color of your fedora's hat band, top hat, or fez!

Weapons2!
    once again bringing up the Novakids, they were the only race to be purely based around guns, I think the Pecore follow a similar pattern! but instead of rifles, they choose to use only one-handed guns, mainly hand-cannons! High damage, Medium fire rate, High energy cost weapons, like a revolver! or flintlock pistol! or 10mm! Also, if you choose to use the Accelerator table's path, you can create certain special guns, like grenade launchers!

THE LORE!!
    W.I.P. (what do you think it should be??)

The Pecore race is of course only a dream, and it needs a full set of armor and weapons, but I think it's actually a pretty solid idea. This race can be taken seriously, but I also think it could be a silly race to add the extra fun into the game. thanks for reading all the way through, unless of course you didn't. then... go think about your actions.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

Accepting ideas for Lore, I have a few of my own but they're no good. I'll be making sprites soon... and by that I mean, as soon as I figure out how. I've already saved the files for the human sprites, I just need something to put them in so I can edit them. any suggestions? :poke: