NPC Invasion

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Anxoczt, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Anxoczt

Anxoczt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

(I am new to the forums, so i am sorry if this was mentioned somewhere else)

So, i started playing Starbound recently, and i chose Glitch, i build a decent castle, with moat (With tar), archer tower and escape route, i filled it with NPC's

And i was expecting an onslaught, in future, like some giant mob of creatures forming a siege on my castle

And.... nothing ?!

So i propose a ideas :

1)Player, his house and NPC will have value, depending on their gear/room/material
    2)From time to time a attack on your house will happen (This will happen only if you are in close distance to your house, to prevent annoyance)
    3) The attack force will be stronger if player/NPC value is high enough (Like on start you might get attacked by few creatures, but later you might get attacked by tanks and infantry)
    4)Add block Retreat Flag, a flag where all non-combat NPC's will retreat to when their dwelling is under attack
    5) They SHOULD NOT (The invaders) Be capable of breaking blocks (For good reasons), they could break (open) doors after while, stronger doors are harder to break trough
    6) NPC's should not be cowards 24/7, and if chased to dead end, they could at least with with their fists

7) Onslaught Armies types (Alot more should be added to make them diverse)
    (from weakest to strongest)

Planet Animals (just few monsters)
    Dungeon/Structure dwellers (Think of anything, like Floran Temple guards etc......)
    Pirates (Maybe they could get some weak low attitude helicopter ?)
    Bounty Hunters (Low numbered, should only try to kill player)
    Slavers (Could get some vehicles)
    Mercenary bands (Shielded suits, Jeeps with machineguns and armed with automatic weaponry)
    Outer planet xenos (Animals from other planets)
    Corporation Agents ("You are too big thread to our operations, we will get rid of you")
    Racial Military (Armed with exoskeleton soldiers, tanks, helicopters, jets, artillery you name it, this raiders would only attack you if you piss their origin faction)
    Outer Galaxy Xenos (Think of Tyranids, some kind of aliens with massive hp/damage/number)

8) Make it togg-able in options, not all people might want this, but i would like it without need for new character (So my castle wont be waste)

TrevorH7441 and Jareix Cryvix like this.