1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Invisible unremovable wall block in human ship cockpit redux

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by RS219, Jan 8, 2017.

1. RS219

RS219 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi again,

A year ago I posted a thread complaining about an invisible background wall block at the foot of the captain's chair that cannot be removed through any means.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...vable-wall-block-in-human-ship-cockpit.96909/

I've recently picked up Starbound again, and guess what - it's still there.

Did no one ever notice my previous thread? Is there absolutely no way to fix it, is it inbuilt into some critical vital process that breaks the ship if it is removed?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It's not a technical issue with starbound. The chair isn't meant to be moved without mods so it can be counted as intended behaviour. If you want custom ships you should stick around with one of the mods which are meant to do so (e.g. BYOS or Mad Tulips Spaceship Mod)

~ Iris ~

3. RS219

RS219 Void-Bound Voyager

No, it's not the chair being unmovable that's the issue. There is this one wall tile behind it that is literally untileable. The bugged untileable wall segment is at the bottom right corner of the chair, and there is no way to add a tile there or fix it at all. Even with the old mod that allowed one to remove and move vital ship parts around, you couldn't LMB-add blocks and remove said blocks to remove this invisible wall tile blocker. As long as this wall tile stays, the cockpit will be impossible to 100% tile over with other wall blocks of your choice.

The screenshots are still in the old post.

4. RS219

RS219 Void-Bound Voyager

Now I've had a light bulb moment; I only saw this bug while my ship was only in its stage 2 upgrade.

I hopped onto admin mode (not before backing up my save of course), added a bunch of pixels and upgrade modules to my inventory and rush-upgraded my ship to the final class. I've slathered dirt wall all over the cockpit and lo and behold, guess what; the spot is still there. It seems the untileable area is always at the foot of the chair, on the bottom right corner. Take a look:

bug.jpg
    [​IMG]

On the bright side (for me), the chair has been propped ahead right in front of the controls now. Even though I can't move the chair because the mod for that is too old and works no more, I don't wall-tile this area because it's where all the glass is, so I can tile the entire cockpit to my heart's content without concern over that strange little spot.

Edit: Figured out how to properly insert an image