Modding Help invitentory interface change

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by CBWX, Jun 4, 2018.

1. CBWX

CBWX Pangalactic Porcupine

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Yes you can do that. You'll need to patch player.config to edit the capacity of each bag (what you think of as tabs).

Then you need to patch playerinventory.config to edit the grids to match your new capacity. Also need to move a couple buttons around like the close button.
    You'll need to edit the footer, header, and background images so it doesn't look terrible with an item grid in mid-air.

And for your trouble, your old characters won't be usable anymore unless you want to manually edit them using the command line tools in \starbound\win32\

While you still may not prefer my inventory, check out my reskin if you haven't. FYI I'm soon to put out some patches for my inventory that can make it larger than it is already, or smaller than it is already - since I've had both request. Actually they're already done I just haven't released them. But if you can't figure this out on your own, they're pretty well the most perfect example you could ask for.

edit:
    If you do edit that mod, please get his permission before doing something like distributing it to others.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  3. CBWX

ah i see. also i don't really have plains to send it to anyone. also no one can seem to contact the author so even if i wanted to i can't ^^; :rofl:

Edit: yeah i have no idea of what i'm doing. :rofl:

if its could can anyone help me?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  4. CBWX

sooo the anther of the mod gave me some instructions on how to edit this......how ever i barely understood it all

if anyone is interested in doing this i'll just post what the author said and leave it to you guys

Author's text: v

( part 1: )

It's been a while since I haven't touched starbound as a whole but you can take my mod file from the workshop folder on your pc

located at "\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820" (in one of the numbered files, so you will need to do a bit of research to see which one is my mod)

and then you can unpack the .pak with the unpacker at

"\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32" (or download a .pak unpacker on internet)

after that you will have access to all the mod files and you will be able to change it like on the link you sent by chaning the .config

( part 2: )

(you can also change the background image located in /Interface/Inventory) so it fits the new size

Then you can either compress it back into a .pak (when you're done) or just put the mod folder in

"\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\Mods" (make sure to delete or unsubscribe from the mod if you're putting the mod in the mods folder though)

and voilĂ , you got yourself a bigger, better looking inventory :)

you and everyone else have my permission to edit the files just as long as you don't publish it on internet or somewhere else (and give credits and such)