Modding Help Is it possible to have a custom NPC warp off the map at the end of the day, or walk off the map?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by blaaze6, Feb 25, 2020.

1. blaaze6

blaaze6 Space Hobo

Basically as the title says. I'm creating an NPC, and I'm pretty far along, but she's supposed to live elsewhere than Stardew Valley. Would it be possible to have her basically teleport off the map and be inaccessible?

Thank you!

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

People have been having bugs with NPCs accidentally walking off the map and just kind of keeping on going infinitely into the void because of pathfinding failure, so yeah, it's possible. Have her walk off the map or have her warp into something way out of bounds like jojamart 0, 156 or so on and it will probably work!

blaaze6 likes this.
      • blaaze6

blaaze6 Space Hobo

I'll try it out tomorrow, and update you on how it goes. Thank you so much!!

How would I warp someone in the schedule, if that's the way I were going to go?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2020
        • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@blaaze6 Please note that stacking posts is not allowed. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

blaaze6 likes this.
          • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

NPCs can't teleport, for the most part. You would just have to direct them to a point inaccessible to the player.

blaaze6 likes this.