1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to cool my base on a hot planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Morgan Scruffy, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Morgan Scruffy

Morgan Scruffy Void-Bound Voyager

I wanna build a colony on a hot planet but I don't know how to cool it...

Also Is there an item that sprays gas/liquid. I want to build a chamber for killing/healing... *No connection to Nazis c:*

*EDIT: Or is there a race resistant to heat? (See Pic)

Attached Files:

• KA.PNG
      KA.PNG
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Just wear the cooling EPP

3. Morgan Scruffy

But do my colonists take dmg?

4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Eh. I don't have a colony so i don't know.

5. Morgan Scruffy

I just colonized the planet and nobody seems to be taking dmg. thx anyways OI also

Do you know what those gas/liquid dispensers are? lol

6. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Not in the vanilla game..... Buuuuut I think there may be a mod for liquid dispensers...well, more like pipes

7. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Terraforming would be a great addition to Starbound, if colonists were actually affected by planetside hazards. You could have a reskin of the shield generator which would make a certain area (say, two hundred blocks each way from where the generator was placed) livable without needing to have an EPP equipped. As it is right now, only the player character has to worry about oxygen, freezing, being burnt to a crisp.

8. Morgan Scruffy

Oooh ikr

9. Pyronymer

Pyronymer Big Damn Hero

If they made generators that changed survival conditions in a limited area, and they won't, because they hate fun, they would make them super expensive in a shop only requiring a special rare drop item as part of the cost and then make them destroy on break, also because they hate fun.

You know. Like teleporters, because god forbid you could teleport home from anywhere and pick up the teleporter afterwards by... erm... how is that supposed to happen and be a problem?

10. korda

korda Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be quite boring this way actually. You would only need to place one item and... well that's it. So either it would have to be more complex or it's not worth wasting dev time on.

11. Pyronymer

Pyronymer Big Damn Hero

Yeah... they won't be implementing a more complex way though will they, I mean they already removed exactly what's being described for heat sources...