Modding Help Is there a way to make the mech deployment animation race-specific?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by xaliber, Jan 13, 2018.

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was experimenting with an race mod and trying to figure out changing the mech deployment animation.

Changing the mech teleport cinematic while in space is not that hard. However I find difficulties in changing the animation when player enters the mech and when player lands with the mech.

Picture worths thousand words, so here is what I meant:

Gfycat link: https://giant.gfycat.com/ZealousThankfulFrenchbulldog.webm

There you can see that when player enters the mech it defaults to vanilla mech pod animation, then it changes to the modded race mech pod, and then when the mech lands it changes back to vanilla animation.

I found that there is this in \packed\player\playereffects.animation

Code:
                "deployIn" : {
                  "properties" : {
                    "image" : "/animations/deployment/deploypodin.png:<frame><effectDirectives>",
                    "offset" : [0, 6.5]
                  }
                },
                "deployOut" : {
                  "properties" : {
                    "image" : "/animations/deployment/deploypod.png:<frame><effectDirectives>",
                    "offset" : [0, 1]
                  }
                },
    And there are several image files in \animations\deployment\.

But I'm not sure how to change the setting without changing all races. I just wanted the animation to apply only to this custom race.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. Evil Parrot

Evil Parrot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its a little bit too late, but I don't think there is a way to do what you want without changing game core-files, or some mech mechanic redone. I encounter the same problem last evening and short examination have took away my hope to change the animation

3. K_H007

K_H007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It'd be in the core files. I'm trying to figure out how to change this, myself, and also for the Teleport. I think we'll need to do something along the lines of making the teleporation/deployment animation determine what species you are and then select the thing based on that.