Modding Help Is there a way to paint blocks through materialHueShift like the way we paint them with MM?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by xaliber, Nov 6, 2017.

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To my knowledge, the way to recolor blocks (without creating new materials) in Tiled is by recoloring it through the "materialHueShift" parameter.

So I've been trying to play around with materialHueShift through the spawnitem command. Example command:

/spawnitem dirtmaterial 100 '{"materialHueShift":-90}'​

For some material, like dirt, I can get the color I want easily. But for some other materials, like wall panel (apexwallpanel) or hull panel (slopedhullpanel) I can't seem to get the color I want. E.g., it seems very difficult to get the hull panel to be colored black like this (something we can easily get with MM):

[​IMG]

How does materialHueShift work - what is the color spectrum? Can I recolor the blocks to black or white with materialHueShift, just like I can do it with Matter Manipulator?

Another related questions: can we set the brigthness/saturation too? I looked up at Image Processing Directiveand tried these:

/spawnitem dirtmaterial 100 '{"materialBrightness":-50}'

/spawnitem dirtmaterial 100 '{"materialSaturation":50}'​

But they don't seem to work. Any ideas?

2. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to update in case anyone else stumble upon this thread, I have found the answer thanks to DraikNova!

The parameter is colorVariant, the value ranges from 1-8 just like the Paint Tool. Unfortunately it cannot be used with /spawnitem but at least it can be used in dungeons.