Modding Help Is there any way to combine mods from two different APIs?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SirALike, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SirALike

SirALike Intergalactic Tourist

Currently we have SMAPI and the Storm API, both have their own .exe files. Both the creators did a great job, really, I really do appreciate them. But is there anyway I can use mods available from one API and combine it with the other?

For example, I really want to use the mod for Durable Fences which is only available in Storm API, said so in its thread. But then I also want the Social Editor Menu and the No Friends Decay which can only be used through SMAPI.

Is there any way for the 2 creators to agree to just one API? I know nothing about these kind of codings, I just want to enjoy the game and I really want this mods from different APIs. Or if I'm missing anything, please teach mo how to make this work.

Thanks!

• Handsome Matt

Handsome Matt Aquatic Astronaut

no, the two creators did agree on one api which was Storm

and then someone else took over and carried on making SMAPI

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Probably not. The point of Storm is to replace SMAPI, which is being depreciated. Unfortunately for the case of making only one API, modders are free to pick whatever API .. or no API.. they want.

• InfinitySamurai

InfinitySamurai Space Hobo

Honestly those mods will eventually get made for the Storm API anyway. Give everything a few weeks and things will start coming together.

• SirALike

SirALike Intergalactic Tourist

Aww man. :(

Alright, I'll hold onto your words. :rofl:

Anyway, thanks for the clarification! And more power to the modders! :rofl:

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Use the cheat menu, it has an option for durable fences