1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way to make villagers "attracted" to a place?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Laida, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Laida

Laida Void-Bound Voyager

I made an inn to invite friends and give ambiencie. I put tables, a bar, a table for playing cards, I bought a chef, and even put a little scenario with a piano to play music. But I have seen graveyards with more life. Villagers seem to move around their colony deeds, except for that one who follows me spawning hearts and seems to be flirting with me... Em, ehem, the point: Can I make something that will force villagers to hang and spend time in the inn?

2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

you can put colony deeds in the Inn itself and then they will stick around it, and if you put one in the bar a Novakid bartender might spawn.

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

NPCs are supposed to be attracted to interactive objects. Chairs, consoles, arcade games, etc. My ship is littered with stuff like that to keep the crew spread out.

This seems to have gotten a little fudged in the last update tho.

4. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

Or you could simply put a punchy in there and all the guards will go after it until it is moved. That is an option, a poor option, but still an option.

5. Goncorer

Goncorer Void-Bound Voyager

The way you said that made me laugh :rofl:
    *Demon Voice* "You WILL have fun."

6. Laida

Laida Void-Bound Voyager

Exactly. You will hang in there. You will tell jokes. You will eat the food. You will- Who told you could stop playing the piano...?

ruddthree and Landwatch like this.
  7. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

8. David The OCD Victim

David The OCD Victim Seal Broken

Bathroom stalls. NPC seem to love them way too much. At least my crewmembers do, because they spend like 70% time there.

ruddthree likes this.
  9. Landwatch

Landwatch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My away team spends all their spare time in the bathroom, too! They don't even use the light/door switch!

It's probably because almost everything in there is interactive to an NPC... it was so hard to build around that bathroom once it was done because everyone crowded in there.