Is this game still a thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhoaMadFrolic, Aug 24, 2013.

1. WhoaMadFrolic

WhoaMadFrolic Orbital Explorer

I haven't seen a post or anything in a while, and was wondering how development was going.

I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while now (since January, I think?) I think this game looks really fun and promising, and can't wait for it to be released.

Anyways, just thought I'd check to see if there's any kind of update or reassurance at this game is still going to happen.

Thanks!

• Bacon

Bacon Tiy's Beard

Last update was 20 days ago but i'm sure he's working on the game, we already have lots of info about SV. :)

Silvestre likes this.
      • Skullkitten

Skullkitten Space Hobo

I believe we can definitely trust it's being developed smoothly and will release judging by the amount of information and contact with CA there has been. The only thing is, when? I completely understand how difficult it is to create a game alone, and it's even more difficult to decide when you think it's good enough to be released to the public. Still, I'm absolutely DYING to play this game. It would be great to get at least a, "It will be out between these three months or so" estimate if CA is comfortable with it.

Duke likes this.
        • ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Yes, Stardew Valley is still very much in active development! I spend as much time as I possibly can working on the game, and there is no possible way (except if I die) that development will cease. I would love to give a release date estimate but I just don't feel ready to do that yet. I know that waiting can be really frustrating, so I want to say thanks for sticking with me through development and for being patient, I really appreciate it!

• WhoaMadFrolic

WhoaMadFrolic Orbital Explorer

Oh yes, and I'm glad he gives us semi-regular updates (that sounds very sarcastic, but I'm serious! :) ) My main concern was the inactivity of the forums.

This is great to hear! Thanks for getting back to me :) I've been wanting to play this game and didn't want to resort to a harvest moon emulator. As long as I know the game is going to be released at some point, I'm happy! Thanks!

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

Man it's been a while since I've been on the forums. This game has changed so much in the (almost) year since I found out about it.

Duke likes this.
              • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I am perfectly fine with waiting for the game. :D

Cassie, Duke and MrXIX like this.
                • Shinae

Shinae Contact!

Just don't die CA!

Edit: Have you had your cholesterol checked? Are you eating healthy food? Put down that second pizza!

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Needs a Dark Chocolate, restores Mana! Oddly falls from the sky on you as a blue rain drop, even though it's a chocolate bar. *shrugs*

• Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Please don't die.

• Degraine

Degraine Subatomic Cosmonaut

I miss Secret of Mana.

I would love to see a new Mana game. Maybe the original devs can quit Square-Enix and go make a Kickstarter for a Totally-Not-Mana game. And while they're at it, make a Totally-Not-Terranigma-Sequel too.

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

http://www.secretsofgrindea.com/

You're welcome.

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just glad someone noticed what Franchise I was talking about. =3

• Shinae

Shinae Contact!

Damn. I missed the reference. Even tho I played days and weeks and months of Secret of Mana. There is only handful of good mana games sadly. I liked Snes secret of mana the most. Legend of Mana for playstation is good one too. I tried almost all of them I could, but nothing like those two I mentioned.

I just thought you talked about how dark chocolate is healthy.. Shame on me missing the point. *goes play secret of mana in shame*

• Degraine

Degraine Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ehhh. I'm ambivalent about that game. I might pick it up if it shows up in a Humble Bundle down the line or something, but I'm not looking forward to it. And this is a very late reply, sorry about that. Exams ate my soul.

• natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

So, while this topic is active...well, is this game still a thing? There isn't a lot going on it seems, though I realize one person developing is bound to be slow going. :p

• Sheepn

Sheepn Void-Bound Voyager

I sure hope so, I'm really anticipating for this game to be playable as I really like games like this. I'm pretty sure another update will soon come as lately the updates were coming monthly. :)

• Maeka

Maeka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah can't wait for the game. Always checking the site and Twitter and waiting for pre order information haha.

Sheepn likes this.
                                      • alexschrod

alexschrod Big Damn Hero

The last updates were August 4, September 5 and October 5. See a pattern here? Nothing yet for November, however... and total silence on ConcernedApe's Twitter for the whole of November as well. I'm getting worried.

• Hollow

Hollow Phantasmal Quasar

He's still alive. He's still working on the game. If he has something he's working on that he wants to share, he'll do it.

Chances are he's polishing stuff that can't really be shown off that well in an update. Fixing bugs, improving mechanics, writing dialogue or story events.