Question Is this just my internet connection or?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

My internet loads up places just fine, but like every month it just goes into a major shutdown. Every website according to Google Chrome has a unreachable DNS.

I release and renew my ipconfig in CMD and it seems to work perfectly fine again. Is this just my internet connectivity. And is there any fixes for this?

2. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually had a similar problem recently, and the tech guy explained it to me like this:

Over time your router will build up an error log due to minor issues here and there; and most routers are programmed to shut down and try to restart after this reaches a certain number of errors. I am almost sure this is what happening.

Have you checked on your router set up recently?

3. Hel

Someone's actually responded! Thanks

But no I haven't checked at all. I had a new router installed about a month and a half ago and it still does it. Routers and Modems are all just like brain surgery to me, Would it hurt to check my modem?

4. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

It wouldn't hurt, no.

If it's the same problem I was having, there may be too many splitters connected to your set-up, weakening signal strength and causing errors., I would recommend calling down a cable guy to come take a look at your setup.

5. Hel

I had a look, but I have no idea how to look at these errors, Google didn't know either, and it knows everything