1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Issues with Starbound News Area.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kolljak, Mar 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kolljak

Kolljak Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but Starbound is a PG-13 type game meant for kids yet on your steam page you have a 18+ news post by PC gaming depicting sex and other stuff.
    I was wondering if you are able to remove that. i don't feel comfortable buying this game for my cousins because of it. they are 10 - 13 and loved terraria but with that news article there not sure if i should.

2. Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat Intergalactic Tourist

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. This game truly is meant for kids in general but the fact is that most games can be modified and user content will end up perverting it if one finds a way to do so. (And I'll admit it isn't hard to do once you do find the sources for it.) Steam has a larger community in which modding is nearly a integral part of gaming. So, Steam itself doesn't really include nudity or sexual content unless it is based by the retail game itself. So, to sum it up for you, Starbound isn't a sexual game in any way.

If you read articles about GTA san andreas or Elder Scroll: oblivion, you can see where the story about how their Rated M and Rated T (respectively in that order) had been upped because of players who purposed modified to get the contents they wanted even though majorly it isn't the developers fault, mostly... So, its more about keeping an eye on the game and making sure your kids aren't getting mods they aren't suppose to get.