1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Item delete/ignore?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zmann, Jun 24, 2013.

1. zmann

zmann Void-Bound Voyager

As a player who primarily plays Miner, the one item I always try to avoid at all costs is the Boxing gloves. As a melee character, I usually want to get up close and personal, so knocking enemies away is kind of counter-intuitive. I see very few situations where it's actually useful as a melee. As a result, I always try my hardest to not pick them up when they drop, but sometimes I may accidentally pick one up. Picking one up doesn't completely ruin my game, but makes the game much more inconvenient than it has to be.

My suggestion is to add an option that would allow you to delete an item you've picked up or tick a box next to the item in the item log that will require you manually pick that particular item up with the pick-up button.

As of now, there aren't really many items that one would consider not picking up, but in the future if more items are created that don't synergize well with certain characters, then this idea could be a good one to consider.

• Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

I don't mind the addition of something like this as long as things that you ignore still have a chance to drop, I understand it'll be a waist if it dose drop but it's only fare/stops people exploiting that feature :3

• Fuhreak

Fuhreak Poptop Tamer

I mostly play RoR multiplayer, and a feature where you could drop items would be really nice for when you accidentally pick up an item that the other player wanted.

Treadlight likes this.
        • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

That's a cool idea, too. You could be able to pass around items to each other. But maybe that'd be a little overpowered...

• Jragyn

Jragyn Space Hobo

Not in reference to the multiplayer, but perhaps just have the ability to turn ON/OFF an item and its effects, or just drop it altogether. Knockback is nice early-game, but once you hit that 42 minute mark, it starts getting absurd. Especially in conjunction with things like Permafrost.

zmann, Fuhreak and Rawrquaza like this.