1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Item Stacking Description

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zmann, Jun 12, 2013.

1. zmann

zmann Void-Bound Voyager

Some items stack at a diminishing return. Some items don't stack at all(I think). There's really know way of knowing which items stack and how they stack other than trial and error. Do % items stack multiplicative or additive? Do they stack duration or damage? I think adding a description of how an item stacks in the item log could help a lot. Thoughts?

okok111, Zadmeir and Treadlight like this.
    • Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

It would be nice to add a line about these specific mechanics to the item log entries. Knowing what additional stacks do for each item is important for testing as well.

Here's what some of them do:

Leech Seed: Increases HP healed on hit by 1.
      Plasma Chain: Increases maximum number of simultaneous chains (1 more stack = 1 more chain).
      Harvester's Scythe: Increases HP healed on crit by 4.
      Bustling Fungus: Increases healing amount by 4.5% of your max health.
      Infusion: Increases max HP increase per kill by .5.

Those 5 were on the most recent patch notes. Here are some more that I'm somewhat certain about, but they may not be correct or complete:

Heaven Cracker: Reduces number of attacks between piercing by 1. Stacks after 4 have no effect?
      Happiest Mask: Spawns additional ghosts when you kill an enemy. (number of ghosts spawned = number of stacks)
      Guardian's Heart: Increases maximum shield by 60.
      Barbed Wire: Increases the damage area.
      Panic Mines: Increases the number of mines dropped. (number of mines dropped = number of stacks)
      Bitter Root: Increases max life by 8%.
      Medkit: Increases the heal amount by 10. (heal amount = 10 x stack number)
      56 Leaf Clover: Chance for elites to drop an item +1%. (drop chance % = stack size)

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I can only imagine what glorious carnage 15 stacks of this would create.