1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Item Stats

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shrooblord, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I thought it'd be nice if certain (or maybe all) Items would display exactly what benefits they gave you on mouse-over. Maybe you'd need to hold still for a sec, or maybe you could hold CTRL or something, or the stats would be immediately visible.
    In any case, I'd like to see just how much extra health a stack of 8 Bitter Roots gives me, or the total amount of health I've amassed with Infusion. I'd like to know how high a crit chance twelve Lensmakers' Glasses give me with a simple mouse-over.
    What do you think?

• Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

I'd certainly like having that feature, or at least having the specifics on what you bonuses get from a single item compared to duplicates in the item log.

• okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd definitely love this, and use it VERY often. How strong is my imp lord tentacle? WTF does that thing do? etc etc. I think you all get the point :rofl:

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I thought the imp tentacle was pretty obvious on what it does, you get a pet.

• okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

I understand that it gives you a pet, but it doesn't give you much info on the pet, does it? What percentage of attack does the pet deal? What happens when you get another tentacle? etc etc.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I dunno, keeping some things in the dark helps keep it mysterious.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, you could turn the extra information off if you so wish.

But I was basically just referencing data you should be able to figure out yourself, too, if you keep track of everything and can do quick percentage-based Math problems in your head. I could probably figure out how much extra HP Infusion gave me, if I knew the base health of my character at a certain level, plus so much percent because of Bitter Root, minus the shield from Guardian's Heart, etc. etc., but it's far more convenient if the game could also tell me. And for some reason, reading 'You gained 15,325 Health so far' sounds like an appealing thing to be able to read.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Something like that would definitely be appreciated, although I'd rather have a single stat screen akin to what is suggested here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...urrent-stats-score-screen-a-menu-option.23667
                  It just makes more sense to open one screen than to hover mouse over half a hundred icons.

Or even better, the pause screen could be the stat screen.

I mean, the devs could definitely leave it to the community to spade everything down to the fifth digit after the decimal point - and some of the community members would definitely enjoy doing that - but seeing precise numbers in the game (and not on a wiki) is such a joy.

• Shot_Trip

Shot_Trip Tentacle Wrangler

Maybe an item for this purpose, perhaps, with some other rider bonus.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

I'm gonna mess around on it today to see if we can have space on the pause screen to fit stats.

Biomatter, Jragyn, okok111 and 5 others like this.