WIP Japanese-style Cooking Recipes (Walpi-chan)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by walpichan, Apr 22, 2017.

1. walpichan

walpichan Void-Bound Voyager

**BRIEF HIATUS**
    So, since I moved to Japan I've just had little to no time to focus on anything beyond acclimatise/work/learn Japanese/sightsee. I want to make more mods (it's something I'm really passionate about) but right now I just have absolutely no time. When things settle down, though, I'll be back ^ ^

So
    maybe you're like YES JAPANESE CUISINE THIS IS ALL I WANT IN THE WORLD - in which case awesome and wow, we have so much in common <3

[​IMG]
    From left to right (so far): fried egg, egg salad, onigiri, omurice, hanami dango, taiyaki, swirly pan, strawberry shortcake, sachertorte, macaron tower, strawberry milk carton, takoyaki, octopus weiners, bear-shaped potato croquettes, 'Kuma Bento' (salad, octo weiners and bear croquettes), tempura shrimp rice (battered shrimp with sesame-seed rice), baumkuchen, parfait, sakura-matcha roll cake, fruit crêpe, watermelon slices, apple bunnies, usagi mochi (traditional and sakura-flavour), Japanese pudding.

This project is gonna introduce new cooking recipes that will both replace almost all base recipes with more Japanese-themed ones AND add new recipes (mostly cakes and sweets from Yumeiro Pâtissière - Sachertorte, Baumkuchen, Macarons, Croquembouche....).

All the plates are also being overhauled - it bugged me that different recipes have different coloured plates (I mean, what madness is this?!? just buy an IKEA set and be done with it!). *Ahem* So anyway, they'll now come in 2-3 colours. You'll be able to choose whether you want pink, blue or apple green rims so that they're all matchy-matchy and not at all irritating any more xD

This mod will probably be expanded into crops, since I do like the More Crops mod but I think it's just a bit.... too extravagant? I just want to experiment a bit and I'll probably come up with crops that compliment the new recipes, like harvestable sakura trees, mochi and so on...(some of the crops may overlap with ones from More Crops so I'll see about getting in touch with that mod's current moderator about doing a collab :) )

If you have any suggestions for new Japanese-style recipes you'd like to see, please do leave a comment below :) So far my other ideas are:

ramen, karaage, donburi, okonomiyaki, Japanese sweets, melon soda, hamburger steak, curry bread/curry rice, traditional Japanese sweets :catface:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly, as soon as you said Macarons, I was sold. I roleplay my farmer as being a baker/cafe lover, so more baked goods are always a bonus for me, and macarons are my life, so I've been praying someone would try to add them to the game since forever!

The more crops mod I have right now is a combo with a tea mod, which based on some of your own suggestions might be of interest to you. It only adds a few extra crops, but all of them come with recipes, and the tea recipes are really cute. It's over here if you're interested. (I use it with the compatibility patch for Stephan's lots of crops mods, since I find it more useful because it comes with recipes for each crop to be used in.)

The matching plates for recipes is also a godsend, specially if they come in pink~. Those Dango sprites are pretty cute too.

• Ardalis

Ardalis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Those are very nice dishes good luck with the mod. :)

• Clotho

Clotho Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bless you, Walpi-chan. You're doing God's work.

Also, I'm testing a thing I made that changes the Rabbit's Foot into Usagi Mochi. Cause, ya know, I want my bunnies to have all their feet. I know, I'm weird. :V
          So I would love to see more things that continue the Japanese cuisine idea that you're working on.

walpichan and DreamerDrop like this.
          • walpichan

Oooh yes, the Rabbit's Foot is a good one to change - we don't want to be too barbaric, do we? That's an awesome idea - post pictures when you're finished! :D <3

• Clotho

Clotho Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have been redrawing this damn mochi for like two hours and I still don't like it. :lod:

• walpichan

It's the way it goes sometimes - I took ages drawing my taiyaki because I just couldn't quite get the colours right so it looked like fish pastry. Ganbatte~ If you ever feel like you could use a fresh pair of eyes to look at your stuff just send me a private message ^.^

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
                  Clotho likes this.
                • walpichan

Ummmmm okay so there's no major update on recipes today BUT I was so psyched at how my octopus wieners turned out I really couldn't resist sharing a picture. Too tired to add it to the main image so Imma just dump it here :3

[​IMG]

I'm genuinely getting really excited to release this mod - I'm hoping it will make some of the community smile, anyway :)

Oh, and just a quick thank-you to @DreamerDrop @eemie @お茶Mi's for supporting me by sharing my posts on Tumblr - you guys have really helped my mods get traction with that community and I now have over 2,000 downloads, which means 2,000 happy Stardew fans - which is awesome :D much love <3

Amburr, zomgzomg, Quill159 and 4 others like this.
                  • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You are so welcome, I love your mods!!!

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

This is awesome, thank you for your work! :)

• walpichan

New progress! Will hopefully get a few more recipes done today :3

Kawaii bento with octopus weiners and kuma-shaped potato croquettes! <3 (because I can't stop eating potato croquettes rn...)

[​IMG]

Amburr, Quill159, Clotho and 3 others like this.
                        • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cute I love it

• walpichan

[​IMG]
                            New recipes: tempura shrimp rice and baumkuchen (I started watching Yumeiro Patissiere again so expect quite a few sweets recipes from now on). Soz about the slow progress; there have been some busy days and issues :)

• LibraryLass

LibraryLass Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cool! I've been hoping for a recipe expansion since the old version of More Crops Mod. I'm excited to know it can be done after all.

• nickinerdface

nickinerdface Big Damn Hero

these are so adorable!!

• gran_jeon

gran_jeon Space Hobo

cuuuuuuuuuute

• mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i need this like now

• walpichan

Update: just wanna say thanks for your patience guys - I'm currently getting ready for a huge working trip abroad so I've been more busy than I would like to have been. I will get this done, I'm just super busy right now arranging visas and accommodation and stuff.

As always, if you have ideas please do submit them as I'll more than likely add your recipes to the lineup! :3

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

These look cool. They are also cute looking if you want to try and make any of them that would be so cool. you are very good at this!
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]

Amburr likes this.
                                        • hunni

hunni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, the mochi and the little kitty cakes are so cute!