REQUEST Japanese themed Farmhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KotokoGoko, Jan 21, 2017.

1. KotokoGoko

KotokoGoko Seal Broken

Hello everyone! I have never made a request before so forgive my noobness in this..

I have created a new character in Stardew Valley and I made her look like Shion from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, the anime. I begin to look for a mod that would change my farmhouse into a more Japanese themed home, but I could not find any! It surprised me really...or maybe I just needed to look harder? Anyway, I was hoping that there was someone here kind enough to create one for me? I am good at drawing on paper, but I don't think I can design a house with pixel art, lol, so I have images of the homes from the Hinamizawa village and another version just in case it is too complex. The first image is a Hinamizawa styled home, and the second is an old styled Japanese home. The Hinamizawa home looks more simple? But I suppose that is up to the artist to decide. I really appreciate it if someone considers making this. This isn't just for me..I'm sure there are other players who would love to see a Japanese themed home as well! ^_^ Thanks!
    Hinamizawa house.jpg japaneseStyleHouse.jpg

Dathea, xangria and Milkheart like this.
    • ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

ohh yeah, i´d go for that.
      and maybe some different types off produce to farm/make. rice, sweet beans, noodles, ect.
      and different recipes too, sushi/sashimi is already on the game, but tempura, ramen, and such would also be nice.
      so much accessories potential too.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Yes there is so much potential for a Japanese mod. From the town, plants, food, and your house.

Milkheart likes this.
        • KotokoGoko

KotokoGoko Seal Broken

yay! I'm glad you both think the same. Can you actually add more crops and food into the game with a mod?? o.o I only thought you could change the look of existing content in the game. ^_^''

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Yes you can the more crops unofficial is one example. The building and the interiors of the building can be adjusted with a XBN mod. There are people who make snapi mods that might be willing and able to help with this.

• KotokoGoko

KotokoGoko Seal Broken

Hopefully they will see this thread because I have no idea where to even start with making my own mod...especially of this difficulty. ;_;

• Darkorinth

Darkorinth Void-Bound Voyager

I hope it gets off the ground, seems like a great idea. I might help if I had any idea what to do.

• KotokoGoko

KotokoGoko Seal Broken

I'm sure it can with a bit of help from some helpful SNAPI modders, but I will do some reading up myself as well about XBN mods, lol.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
                    itsmecl, Yoseiri, Minakie and 3 others like this.
                  • KotokoGoko

KotokoGoko Seal Broken

lol that Spirited Away one looks reeally cute! I think I will use that top one for now, but, now I have a serious drive to create my own japanese themed mods. Anyone is free to help! Also thanks for the links and the replies, you guys were a big help~

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm honestly surprised we don't have more asian-themed stuff (or just more variety in general) with all the mods there are for this game. I've been begging for some druid-friendly stuff for a long time but no one's taken the bait for that yet. lol That first house up there is really cute, I'm gonna have to go dig around in the WIP section now and see what else is in the works.

• KotokoGoko

KotokoGoko Seal Broken

That's exactly what I thought:rofl:

• Sereverus

Sereverus Aquatic Astronaut

i seriously would loooove a japanese overhaul type mod, would make my year most likely ^^

• itsmecl

itsmecl Void-Bound Voyager

This would be such a great idea! Hope someone could try to make it happen