1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed June 8th Nightly - Game crashes if jetbike takes fall damage.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Spoon Boy, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

Has happened 3 times in a row now, the second I fall a bit too far and take a tiny bit of damage.

Monster I landed near the first time died as I hit the ground. Bike no longer existed on my return.

Second time I returned to find the bike, but all the villagers in the general area were dead, pixels in their place.I assume they died similarly to the monster.

This was on a dry grassland world.

I'll experiment some more if I can figure out how to spawn replacement bikes...

2. Spoon Boy

Here's the error that occurs.

I slammed into a closed door while moving horizontally at great speed this time. All villagers on screen instantly perished (you can see their drops to the left).

This was with the Khaki Hover Bike, but going to test if this happens with the others now.

Attached Files:

3. Spoon Boy

Crash additionally happens if using green or red hover bikes. Figured, but wanted to be sure.

Also happens if you simply spawn it in the air too high. So you don't need to be in the bike. Anything present on the screen dies. It sometimes takes 1-3 seconds before the crash occurs if you're not in the bike.

4. Spoon Boy

Also, I noticed the hover bike no longer ghosts a shape of it on your cursor when it's in-hand.

5. SpaceDandy

SpaceDandy Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same problem. I can't even go back to my main tenant/farm world now because the bikes piled up. It's insta-crash if I go back and hang out more than 10 seconds.

6. Spoon Boy

Yeah, I found the same issue when I returned to where the one bike had hit a door in a town. It was still there I guess, as I crashed on approach.

I ended up deleting the world from the data files since it was just a random one I was visiting on the other side of the universe to find a specific thing.

My friend had found an amazing Hylotl above-ground mansion, and was converting it into a colony. When I got there it was, instead, a Glitch castle. Persisted after a dozen deletes, so I guess something changed in generation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.