Junimo Huts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StrikerzRyan, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. StrikerzRyan

StrikerzRyan Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys!

So I love the idea of junimo helping you out with your harvest. I don't mind harvesting but I'll take the help. I don't actually have one yet but I have my starfruit planted ;). The only problem is, the hut is a 2x3. Playing around on the planner I was not able to find a nice way to place it in the center of the field with iridium or quality sprinklers around it without overlap of the sprinklers.

Does anyone have a method?

• uselessdragonfly

uselessdragonfly Title Not Found

• Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

Do the Juminos need to actually path to the crops? If you make a solid block of trellis plants, such that the ones in the middle are inaccessible, will the Juminos still be able to harvest them?

• uselessdragonfly

uselessdragonfly Title Not Found

They picked the pumpkins that were on the other side of a wall of trees and lamps so I don't think so. I didn't try with the trellis. They would be awesome for hops if that is the case!

Erick648 likes this.
        • Chlorruption

Chlorruption Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man, that'd make trellis crops waaaay more viable for me and my lazy arse. :D

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

They're Junimos. They're magically delicious.

They'll also clean the windows on your cabin and if you're a sound sleeper, manicure your toenails in the night.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another comment / Question:

It appears that they are inactive in the winter. I am assuming that that is because the only things taht you can plant outside are classified as forage? I suppose that means in the spring, if I grow anything classified as forage that the junimos won't harvest that either?

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

They won't pick forage in any season, no. They will also not come out if it's raining.

• jervl/kg

jervl/kg Void-Bound Voyager

Another thing, they will not harvest giant crops (cauliflower, melon, pumpkin). They will chirp and dance around it, though, as if like they're confused as s&*t. :)

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                  • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

My solution is a 4x4 frame around the hut to let it fit better into the sprinkler mathematics.
                    On my last farm I used this design:
                    [​IMG]

And the farm before that I chose a suboptimal but good looking design. The benefits were that you could put blocking crops like beans, hops or grapes on the 3x3 fields so that you could harvest them easily, if the Junimos didn't work in the rain.
                    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
                    • Filmstudy

Filmstudy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Junimos will harvest a solid field of trellis crops, but you need to make sure there is a path to the hut to pick up collected crops.

Pro: Juminos make collection of high-maintenance crops like hops viable
                      Cons: The huts themselves are somewhat costly, use up valuable arable land, Juminos harvest somewhat slowly relative to the farmer (on normal crops like pumpkins), and Juminos don't harvest at all during rain or when the player is sleeping

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

But they are ridiculously adorable to watch, so there's that. ^_^