Just what IS Wanderlust?

Discussion in 'W:R General Discussion' started by Nerva, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Okay, color me clueless, just what IS Wanderlust (and apparently the multiple versions of it)? I will admit to knowing precisely diddly squat about this game, and having had no reviews.

Can anyone tell me what this game is, why it's fun (or possibly not fun) to play, and maybe provide some info a new player should probably need to know when getting into it?

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Wanderlust: Rebirth is an arcade-action rpg, centered around co-operative play. The game is comparable to other linear action rpgs like Castle Crashers and Guardian Heroes. The main game is Story Mode, where you can play each one of 10 chapters until you master them. The most unique aspect about the game is that it requires you to play with flair and finesse in order advance; you must earn awards (i.e. triple kills, multi-kills, and other skill-based awards) in order to earn points at the end of the chapters. There is no 'exp-grind' in a traditional sense.

[-] I'd say, the elements that tend to catch players off-guard are the skill-combat focus and difficulty of the game. RPG players tend to come into Wanderlust thinking they can casually play and advance, and then are punished for simply refusing to use the block button or move around the battlefield.

[+] Players who love action games and action rpgs like League of Legends, Devil May Cry, and Gauntlet are usually the players who most enjoy what Wanderlust: Rebirth offers. We designed Wanderlust: Rebirth to reward players for skilled play, and to reward teams for working together.

[+] There are 3 difficulty modes, 3 endings, and 3 different game modes (Story, Crawl, and PvP).

There is also a demo on our main website - www.wanderlustgame.com - where you can play Chapters 1-3 in Story Mode and PvP for free.

Hope this helps!
      ~Matt

• Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

[​IMG]

:rainbow: Pretty much all there is to say except it's an awesome game!

warcore and Leth like this.
        • Brassx

Brassx Aquatic Astronaut

Holy shit leth, I remember you from waaay back on Reflect Games with FredFredrickson in like '07(Good ol sapphire tears days)! I had no idea your game was published by chucklefish! Grat's man!

Leth likes this.
          • DawnSeeker

DawnSeeker Orbital Explorer

I was wondering what this game was about too.. IS it fun to play by yourself? I know it's catered for multiplayer but I read they have a single player too.

I only found out about wonderlust through Starbound.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

You can play single player but multiplayer co-op is the best experience. =D

DawnSeeker likes this.
              • Kexy Knave

Kexy Knave Cosmic Narwhal

I've always been forced to play single player, I found it fun. The LAN Center I played at called Never Ending Games closed up shop, sadly. Just after I realized how fun multiplayer with like 16 people was
                and that was with a game called Magicka (4 player wizard game) and they often had minecraft, killing floor, or L4D/2 playing there a lot. It closed before Wanderlust came out and for some reason I never
                was able to keep in touch with that awesome group of people so I've been solo since ^-^"

TLDR I'm sentimental but I like the single player this game offers.

• Guyjin

Guyjin Void-Bound Voyager

Recently got a free copy of this from the starbound forums. Seems like a great game so far. Excited to see what else will come out in future updates.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
                  • BiggyNik

BiggyNik Star Wrangler

Is it a sequel to the first Wanderlust game?

• Kexy Knave

Kexy Knave Cosmic Narwhal

I kinda wish they had an archer class though ^^" I always play the ranger, berserker, or tank xD