Chat Kaede rants about stuff nobody cares about.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

*Is storming through the forums again and poor Kaede found themselves on my radar this time* HI FRIEND : D

also your rants do have lots of good points gg

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

I notice this conveniently after playing half of a series of XCom and saying, You know what? I bet I can do the impossible difficulty. 7 rather sad failures one decent break that I stupidly threw away cause I thought I could do better later, I don't even dare scroll over the button anymore.

Challenge:Cool

Pointless Grinds:Not so cool

Instadeath:#%&$#$-$&#&@

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  3. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

in XCOM, impossible really meant "impossible". only way to win is exploits essentially.
    they actually balanced it to make it winnable legitimately in XCOM 2. renamed it to "legendary". I managed to beat it with ironman mode on, unlike impossible in X1.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    HunterC1998 likes this.
  4. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You two are officially the priests of our religion now.

5. alextulinov

It just is fun sometimes unles ITS THAT ONE COMPLETE BULLSHIT DEATH IN FTL JUST BECAUSE YOU CHOSE THAT ONE CRAPPY SHIP LAYOUT AND COULDNT GET THROUGH THE FIRST SECTOR

6. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I suppose so.

As a side note: I have never played FTL.

7. alextulinov

You should if you can tolerate rogue likes it's really good.

8. Kaede Grimwater

It does look interesting.

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

FTL is interesting, but man it is full of crap.

For one, the Difficulty Spike is INSANE.

You go from Easy-Peasy from sectors 1-3 and then by Sector 4 it's kinda "eh." and Sector 6-7, if you found any decent weapons it still ain't too bad.

Then the last boss of Sector 8 absolutely straight up murders you and you didn't even stand a chance without specific equipment and weapons that allow you to survive against the stupid thing.

The spike in difficulty from Sector 7 to Sector 8 is just out of this world ridiculous. It's like 20x the challenge jump.

10. alextulinov

If you can get the redtail,2 charge lasers and maybe a heavy laser plus a mind control and teleport bays then you are set to fight it,just kill the people in the gun rooms and you should be fine since there is no way for other crew members to get there to fix them.oh and giant alien spiders are no joke.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Red-Tail? You mean the Mantis ship? Yeah, if it would only give me the unlock quest when I am actually capable of DOING it........

And that brings me to another rant about that game: The unlock quests for some of the ships are just ridiculous. And they go "OR, you can kill the Rebel Flagship to unlock it instead!" like that's just as-simple-as-that..... *sigh*

All of it boils down to using the same two ships over and over and over and over and over and over again..... it gets old fast because they give you no real customization or ways to change it up any. They literally give you 2 choices and those are the ONLY 2 choices you can use for a loooooooong time.

12. alextulinov

I mean the class b kestrel ship the one that starts with 4 basic laser and 2 shots everything in the first sector,and engie ships are total bullshit.

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Oh. Hmm. Still need cloaking to even have a chance of surviving the 2nd and 3rd battle against it... unless it comes with cloaking? I didn't think it did. But either way.. I kinda lost interest in the game after lots and lots of tries and just not getting anywhere with it.

14. alextulinov

I don't think it has cloaking but yeah it does get boring pretty quickly I wish you could just get straight to the boss.

15. Kaede Grimwater

I am still surprised people actually read my nonsense rants. Surely people have better things to do than waste their time on my noise.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, some of the stuff you say in your rants we agree with, so why not?

17. Kaede Grimwater

I find it equally surprising that anyone would agree with what I say. I cover some pretty unpopular opinions occasionally.

18. alextulinov

It's still fun to read,you were born to be a person who makes entertaining rants about things no one ever heard of.

19. Kaede Grimwater

I suppose that is something to consider.

20. alextulinov

Well people do get paid for it*cough cough*buzzfeed*cough*