1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. I just tried it as well, and it worked.

2. Moon Leaf

Moon Leaf Void-Bound Voyager

can i git help please because i cant git the mod to even work at all (because this is my first ever time doing anything like this at all) help plz:cry:

3. Moon Leaf

Moon Leaf Void-Bound Voyager

And btw if it changes anything im in the newest update

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

5. themsuciaman101

themsuciaman101 Void-Bound Voyager

Both would be GREAT!

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@themsuciaman101, you install this mod exactly like most any other, and the other thing doesn't make sense.

7. themsuciaman101

Basically what we are requesting is a "Dummies Guide to How to make a speciese mod work with xbawks".

8. Mackinz

If xbawks is working and the race mod is not, then you probably didn't install the race mod properly.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Extract xbawks in your mods folder. Start Starbound, observe that the character creation screen has a fuckton of blank buttons now. Quit. Extract a species mod of your choice in your mods folder. Start Starbound, observe that the character creation screen has one of those blank buttons filled in.

That is, assuming the species mod is up-to-date enough to register itself into the list of playable species, which is a feature of vanilla Starbound.

10. themsuciaman101

Thanks! I was woried it was more complicated!

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Making a mod can be. Installing them... pretty damn straightforward if the author knows what they're doing.

themsuciaman101 likes this.
  12. themsuciaman101

Since you seem to be a nice person and (mostly :p) willing to help, any tips on how to check if a mod is compatible with the current stable version?

13. Mackinz

If it was updated after December 8th, 2015, it should be compatible with current Stable.

themsuciaman101 likes this.
  14. themsuciaman101

You are right, this mod is, but I am more asking in general? Like for any mod... Getting a little tired of downloading, installing, and starting the game every time I find mod that I want that doesnt SAY what version it's compatable.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@themsuciaman101, check the "Last Update" stat in the corner of the mod's overview page?

16. Mackinz

The answer?

17. Cdoodleband

Cdoodleband Void-Bound Voyager

I don't really know what im doin wrong but I have felins, felins costumes, and xbawks installed. The starbound main menu says those mods ARE indeed installed, yet there is no custom character selection menu. I have a feeling I'm overlooking something obvious but any help would be great.-The Didler

18. Mackinz

Did you move aroubd the modinfo file when you installed?

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Kawa likes this.