1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Well, technically...

Dragonclaw likes this.
  2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well it's still in the outdated category, so...
    is it updated or is it not updated? I'd rather you pick one instead of making this Schrödinger's mod. xD

3. Campy

Campy Void-Bound Voyager

Is this installed just like the other mods just drag and put it into the mod folder, I was so happy once it was no longer outdated or at least says its not, but I keep getting some error when I try to open starbound.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

More like you just extract it into the mods folder, @Campy.

@Scival, I already tried to flag down someone to move it back.

5. MelodiousKitten

MelodiousKitten Big Damn Hero

{Fatal Exception caught: (WidgetParserException) Failed to find callback named: toggleClothing}
    I got this error trying to installing the latest version. I know I installed the path correctly.
    \Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\xbawks
    Is anyone else having issues?

6. DeathHunterKN

DeathHunterKN Orbital Explorer

when I install this mod and launch the game I keep getting=
    Fatal Exception caught: (WidgetParserExecption) Failed to find callback named: toggleClothing

The mods I have are felins, +objects +intro, UT-47, and FrackenUniverse, which the game lauchs fine with them all, but not after adding xbawks
    any suggestions?

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Starbound_Furry, @DeathHunterKN, I'm sorry but I literally just created a random character with no such error. The only thing I can think of is that you're running on the wrong version of SB, or somehow aren't using Xbawks 3.8. Did you properly remove any old versions?

Code:
            "btnToggleClothing" : {
                "type" : "button",
                "base" : "/interface/title/checkboxnocheck.png",
                "hover" : "/interface/title/checkboxnocheckhover.png",
                "baseImageChecked" : "/interface/title/checkboxcheck.png",
                "hoverImageChecked" : "/interface/title/checkboxcheckhover.png",
                "checkable" : true,
                "checked" : true,
                "position" : [20, 30],
                "callback" : "toggleClothing" //<-- see? It's right there!
            },

8. shaymini

shaymini Void-Bound Voyager

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@shaymini, kindly look before you run your mouth; two others have already informed me about this, and I already said I can't find the problem on my side.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Gotcha! On a whim, I just tried this on Stable, and I got the same error. Turns out the callback couldn't be found on SB's side. As in, it didn't know what to do with a "toggleClothing" control.

Conclusion: if you're running Stable -- if the loading screen has animals on it -- use the old version, 3.7. If you have a little spinning icon in the corner, use this version, 3.8. I'll put this in the overview.

11. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I thought it was rather obvious that the issue was related to game version since the features included in your latest update only appear in Nightly, Kawa.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I thought you would know by now as well as I do that "obvious" is a taboo word 'round here, @Mackinz.

13. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

So basically, you decided to put a nightly only thing in a mod and thought it would work on stable?

Mackinz likes this.
  14. MelodiousKitten

MelodiousKitten Big Damn Hero

Okay, Version 3.7 is working for me. Thanks, man!

15. DeathHunterKN

DeathHunterKN Orbital Explorer

thank you Kawa for making felins and xbawks mods

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I never thought it would. That'd be dumb.

If anything it might've worked if Stable simply ignored the callback reference -- I can understand Nightly actively trying to find it, since it actually uses it. But no, the thing goes both ways it seems. And then there's the part where even if I knew for certain what the risks were when I posted it, I wouldn't be able to adjust the overview page in time because apparently you can't edit the overview when your mod is marked outdated.

Besides, 1.0 coming up, right?

17. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

Could you put a link to the 3.7 version for us, since all other character creation extenders are badly outdated.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

19. DaTypicalBaller

DaTypicalBaller Void-Bound Voyager

Is this character creation extender compatible with the 1.0 release? If not, could you tell me one that is?

20. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It's updated for 1.0. In fact, it's one of the only ones that is.