kitchen storage upgrade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skinflint, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rather than devote space to relatively unsightly indoor Chests or schlepp my prepped meals out of the house (or ingredients in), how 'bout we can upgrade our kitchen cabinetry so that multiple of its other tiles serve as their own Chest-like inventory, joining our fridge and Backpack in pooling their contents when at the rangetop/stove prepping recipes?

• 》Lasercats《

》Lasercats《 Intergalactic Tourist

Yesss we so need this

• Gandalor 75

Gandalor 75 Star Wrangler

I play on Switch, if there was a PC mod that does this I might be more inclined to get for PC also. This is such a great idea!

• Skinflint

I would also like it if we are holding an ingredient (active inventory item) while we initiate an interaction at the Stove/Rangetop, it would hilight recipes that use it, even if we don't have all the ingredients for it (so like maybe a little indicator icon or a halo around even faded recipe icons for ones we can't make right now).

nekoCrimson likes this.
          • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

it'd be so great to have more spaces to put ingredients in, so that we don't need to walk to a chest all the time
            i learned to use Farmer's Lunch, and once i'm done cooking enough glazed yams for healing, and pumpkin soup for defense and luck boosts, i'm gonna take my time (with timespeed mod, lol) to explore skull cavern, at which i'm gonna play around and try which other cookings are best after reaching floor 100 for the quest, and see which cookings do best for me, which are "Eggplant Parmesan" for 3 defense and 1 mining, "Roots Platter" for 3 attack, or still "Pumpkin Soup" for defense and luck, to get more treasure floors, and then either Glazed Yams or Fruit Salads for just healing (buffs override each other)
            so it's quite a bit, since i'd need at least yams + sugar, eggplants + tomatoes, pumpkins + milk (which may not always be iridium), cave carrots + winter roots, blueberries + melons + apricots, and for Farmer's Lunch i'd need eggs (not always iridium) + milk for omelet, and then those omelets + parsnips, which comes in 3 qualities, too
            i know the current refridgerator can handle just those (right?), but i'm planning to make all cookings on each character i have
            and when needing ore and coal and such, i'd use Lucky Lunch, requiring corn (3 qualities) to make tortilla's, which i need + sea cucumber + blue jazz
            and oh boy, i forgot blue jazz not only comes in 3 qualities, but also 6 colors, using a total of 18 spaces, if unlucky

but yeah, i love to use energy healing for when i go fishing and planting crops, too
            aside from mods that i use, i understand that people don't use them, or cannot use them, and will have to do everything in much shorter time periods, so for them it'll be way more convenient to have more spaces in the kitchen

• Skinflint

The reason I would want to know what recipes an ingredient uses is because I want to know what buffs it's good for and what other ingredients I need. Because, right now you only get to see what's already available with ingredients on-hand. To me it's a no-brainer corollary.

nekoCrimson likes this.