RELEASED Kitty Scarecrow Replacements (Updated 3/26) 2016-03-26

Ferociously adorable guard kitties instead of boring ol' scarecrows

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

[​IMG]

What it do:

This changes the scarecrow and all 8 of the rarecrows in the game to be cats on different pedestals/cat climbing tower thingies. Its pretty darn cute. Who wouldn't want ferocious guard kitties to keep the crows at bay?

Here's what changes:

[​IMG]
    **The screenshot sort of makes it look like there's strange white pixels under the pedestal for some cats, but its just a compression problem with my image, those spaces are transparent in game.

Download:

Download Here on the Nexus (just click the file name or "download manually")

Installation Instructions:

• Download the mod
    • Extract the archive
    • Go to Stardew Valley/Content/TileSheets
    • Replace the Craftables.xnb file with the one from the download

**You can easily create a backup of your original Craftables.xnb file by renaming it to something silly. I do Craftables.xnbOLD for myself.

Credits:

Lots of thanks to Korokos for their permission to re-use their work on many different cat breeds in their Longhair Cats mod which inspired me to make this (even if I didn't use the sprites, I was still heavily influenced).

Likewise to DibJib for giving me permission to use the Nyan cat sprite from their Nyan Pet Cat mod. Its lovely and basically reproduced here as-is.

Also to Crazy_Leen for their Studio Ghibli Re-Textures mod, where I got the idea to replace my own scarecrows to be something cuter than what came with the game.

Lastly to WildSpirits for the calico breed available on their Pet Replacements mod, which inspired me to create my own version of the breed.

Changelog:

3/26/16 Version 1.0
    Added replacement for the 8th rarecrow (based on the bengal breed), reworked pedestals, new tails for each kitty, misc. tweaks & edits to individual sprites

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Jinxiewinxie

This has been updated to version 1.0

Changelog:

3/26/16 Version 1.0
      Added replacement for the 8th rarecrow (based on the bengal breed), reworked pedestals, new tails for each kitty, misc. tweaks & edits to individual sprites

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

oooh this is adorable, downloading <3

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
        • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

a bump of love for you <3 I love these so much <3

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
          • i don't know why but it doesn't work for my game the file doesn't work!!
            need help plz

• Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, you should be able to just place the file in your Stardew Valley\Content\TileSheets folder. A quick way to tell if it is working is to open up the crafting menu and see if the first scarecrow it shows is an orange-ish kitty. Can you try it again?

• the file should be .xnb
                but the one i download is .rar

• and i can't open the game once i put it in

• Jinxiewinxie

You need to extract the file first, and it should be craftables.xnb (not .rar after you extract it). I've attached a .zip which is sort of like a .rar file but probably more familiar for people. Can you try unzipping this attachment and then putting the file inside into the tilesheets folder where your game is?

Attached Files:

• omg thanks it work
                      it so cute

• HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Awesome! Thank you!

• porsefina

porsefina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a version of this without the pink chests / furnaces / etc. ?

:(

• Jinxiewinxie

The main download in the first post shouldn't include pink chests and furnaces...

• inkcurious

inkcurious Intergalactic Tourist

Any chance you can update this for 1.1? Unfortunately, if I have your scarecrows installed, I have invisible casks. I'm not tech savvy enough about modding to fix it myself!

Thanks a ton!

• Squeakykins

Squeakykins Orbital Explorer

I'd also love if these could be updated for 1.1! My farm is in desperate need of more kitties.

• Emminade

Emminade Space Hobo

Please update this for 1.2! I love this mod so much but because it changes the craftables.xnb file when I change the color of my chests they just become invisible. Now I have to go back to the original ones :(