WIP Kris' Mods and Edits

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BinaryDelusions, Dec 2, 2016.

1. BinaryDelusions

BinaryDelusions Void-Bound Voyager

All my mods and texture edits will be on here. Its all entirely xnb/yaml based because I'm not very skilled when it comes to coding.

This mod will alter a few of the Cooked Foods items appearance, specifically the Cranberry Candy, Spicy Eel, and Chocolate Cake.

Cranberry Candy no longer looks like a drink and instead looks like a red Lollipop, taking its design from the Miner's Treat.

Spicy Eel reminded me of stomach intestines and looked gross, so now its is more like Maki Roll but with a red filling (because of the Spicy Sauce).

Chocolate Cake... well basically I kept thinking I was grabbing literally Poo out of a trashcan whenever I collected it. So now its got the same model as the Pink Cake with slightly altered brown shading.

[​IMG]

Kris' Slightly Altered Foods Tilesheet:
    Dropbox Link - Mediafire Link

Another simple mod, in Fall you recipe a message from the Tip Channel that its blackberry season and bushes everywhere are covered in blackberries! ...Except they're not until a few days later on the 8th. I couldn't figure out how to change the Tip Channel to show the episode on the appropriate date so instead I changed the message to actually tell you that its Fall 8th when blackberries start popping up on bushes.

Its Blackberry Season... Soonish Tweak

So this one's a bit more personal, but I figured I'd toss it out cause I'm sure someone out there might want it too. This edits the Shane events in which he talks about how he hopes he doesn't live long enough to need a plan and considers throwing himself off the cliff. As much as I respect that this was placed into the game, seeing it brought back some bad memories. I'm sure some other people might feel the same way. I know you can just skip the cutscene but this is just an extra option for people who actually want to enjoy cutscenes but maybe have similar issues like I do when it comes to those particular scenes.

Depressed Alcoholic Shane (no implied suicide)

Simple enough this is a replacement texture for the ducks, making them appear as female Mallards instead of males. Typically they sport black and brown on their wings and back, but I couldn't make it look right on such a small figure. Instead of a green head, they sport a dark blue spot on their wings.

[​IMG]

Mallard Girl Version
    Dropbox Link - Mediafire Not Available Yet

I found the skintones to be a bit boring, especially when it came to making space/alien themed characters. There wasn't enough colours! So I modified the skin colours to have more colours! I also edited the natural colours to (hopefully) have a little more range, particularly the darker tones.

[​IMG]

Taste the Rainbow Skintones
    Dropbox Link - Mediafire Not Yet Available

There's a lot of custom farms out there that make farms that look pretty or set them up to have more space, but there's not many that make the farming experience HARDER. So I changed that. The goal of this is to limit the amount of space you have at the beginning as well as throw a ton of stuff at you that you'll have to remove before you can really gain access to your farm. Tons of debris EVERYWHERE.

[​IMG]

That doesn't look TOO BAD you say? Well that's because you don't see what I put on it! The Backwoods path, the path to Marnies, and the mountain pathway are all blocked off by logs and boulders! YOU CAN ONLY USE THE BUSSTOP UNTIL YOU UPGRADE YOUR TOOLS. Your only water source is that tiny water trough right next to the busstop exit as well so either you'll need to build water wells or have another mod like a barn/coop with a watersource in it. I also didn't place any twigs or any small stones down on purpose. The place is covered in trees, stumps, logs, and boulders. I did leave some berries bushes though don't worry... on the mountain. :megusta:

Speaking of bushes, when I was placing down grass and weeds I was thinking you know this isn't really troublesome enough what would REALLY aggravate some people. And then I remembered those really tiny bushes that kinda looked like the coffee bean plants. And I put them down instead. Aren't I so nice?X3

Lastly there's that big section of trees that's really obvious in front. There's two openings on both sides of it that will allow you to access it... once you've cleared the way. I've set it up so nothing should actually enter into this area or grow inside it and that's a good thing because...

[​IMG]

Its probably not coming out of there anytime soon. And maybe you aren't either. :devil:
    HAVE FUN!

Quick Note: The stumps/boulders/bushes might be fused with weeds or other items. You will still be able to break them down.

Update 1: Fixed an error where entering from Cindersap Forest without breaking the blocking the farm entrance first would get you stuck. Also changed the spouse area patch from being dirt to being a darker shade of grass.

Wilderness is Hardcore Farm

[​IMG]
    The backwoods has been changed to be more than just a hallway between your farm and mountain! (and to a lesser extent the busstop and tunnel)
    All four warps are available no matter which one you came through! Go directly to the tunnel from the mountain or to the farm from the busstop, no more run arounds!
    The perfect spot for finding berries, foragables and pine trees! Also debris. Because WILDERNESS.

Better Backwoods

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
      HopeWasHere and Androxilogin like this.
    • BinaryDelusions

-Updates-
      Mallard Duck of the Female Variety!
      Rainbow Coloured Skintones (better variety of darker naturals?)
      Wilderness is Hardmode Farm! Now you have to actually WORK to gain access to most of your farm!

I've been so busy with other things I never updated my mod page. I'll probably seperate Image Edits into their own thing later, maybe change this post into just those or make a new post dedicated to them. Not sure about maps tho. o3o

Mediafire's being a jerk and won't let me upload anything on there tonight but I'll try again asap.

• BinaryDelusions

Fix and Update!
        Wilderness is Hardcore Mode farm has had a couple of fixes:
        Going into the farm from Cindersap Forest without chopping the log blocking the entrance originally cause you to get stuck inside the log. This has been fixed.
        The spouse area has been changed to a darker grass patch because the dirt was stupid looking and also spawned stuff on it.

Better Backwoods has been added! Now the area is more explorable and you can freely enter and exit all warp points regardless of where you came in from.

foghorn likes this.