REQUEST Krobus as marriage candidate?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by digitalsonder, Mar 20, 2016.

1. digitalsonder

digitalsonder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry I'm completely knew to the forums and I'm not even sure if I'm aloud to make requests like this, but I just bought Stardew Valley yesterday and I looked through the wiki to see all the characters... and I saw adorable lil' Krobus. Aaaaagh, he's just too cute. I don't care how long this would take but I want it. Also, for the request tag, the request was under 'Art'... but there was no request thing for under mods and media, so, sorry if that's wrong.

• FiyahKitteh

FiyahKitteh Void-Bound Voyager

I don't normally 'necro-post' but there is already a thread for this, so I may as well ask here:
      IS there any way to make Krobus a marriage candidate? Honestly, most of the time he seems way more appealing to me than most of the bachelor(ette)s. xD

• Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

FiyahKitteh likes this.
      • FiyahKitteh

FiyahKitteh Void-Bound Voyager

Oooh, nice! Thank you! =D
        It's bugged, but I think it's a start. I guess kinks can still be fixed later on. Maybe I'll try a file with Krobus as partner then. ^-^ <3

• Blooper8484

You're welcome, i'm glad i found at least something, let's hope it gets fixed, i'd like to try it someday

FiyahKitteh likes this.
          • Mystiana

Mystiana Void-Bound Voyager

• Blooper8484

Where does it say that?

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

That would be awesome! Do you/does anyone know what exactly happened to make it bugged?

PS:
              Krobus.png
              I had to.

Edit:
              Krobus3.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
                tcbelle and Harzelora like this.
              • Blooper8484

Wow it's really cute (that just makes me more anxious:rofl:). Sorry to say that not even the creator knows what happened to make it bugged so we'll have to wait until he finds out

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

Krobus is a feature I will be adding to my mod in the future at some point, but until I can work out the bugs with both he and Dwarf, they are on hold. There are multiple issues, with Krobus especially, because he is classified as a "monster" in the game's code and it causes errors with his NPC status and his sprite as well when you try to make him marriage-able. So far, I can't find any way around it. I haven't looked at the other modder who made him an option, but I hear it has a lot of bugs - probably the same ones I'm finding if I had to guess. As of now, I don't have the tools to release him as a marriage candidate without tons of annoying (hopefully not game-breaking) errors. So he is on hold.

• Blooper8484

Well, i don't really know if it would work or if it's hard, but maybe you can add a new NPC that looks and acts exactly like him and make it marriage-able, i mean like those mods that add characters like Kevin and Ashley? Just an idea

• sivolobwho

Maybe, but it would be difficult to get the old Krobus out of the way. The problem is that even if deleting normal NPCs is reasonable, Krobus isn't a normal NPC. Any NPC created with his name would still act the same way because of how he's defined in the code.

• Blooper8484

Well... then maybe add the new NPC and change old krobus sprites, name and dialogue to make it a different character?

• sivolobwho

The name is the biggest issue really, I guess I wasn't clear. So even if you changed the name of original Krobus, the name Krobus still has a curse on it. The code looks for any character called Krobus and gives that character Krobus' monster status, etc.

• sivolobwho

As a side note, I have tried to make a SMAPI mod to fix the issues, but they don't work. The monster status is literally a curse.

• Blooper8484

Oh... sad to hear that, i really didn't know.

• CanCan49666

CanCan49666 Void-Bound Voyager

i created that mod, i use female pronouns, btw.

• Blooper8484

Oh sorry i didn't read your info:unsure:

• CanCan49666

CanCan49666 Void-Bound Voyager

It's fine!;)

• DelDiz

DelDiz Space Spelunker

I don't know how hard this would be to do but...what about an event in which Krobus gets some kind of human disguise and uses a human name so he can safely walk around above ground? To skirt the issue of him having a doppelganger, maybe say he can use one of the return scepters he sells to teleport back to the sewers whenever someone enters his shop?

thewapakalypse likes this.