Modding Help Kunai Blast duplicate

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Debaubau, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Debaubau

Debaubau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Trying to create a duplicate Kunai Blast ability but with purple shards and particles. I don't want to simply overwrite the orange with purple, as I plan on releasing this mod and don't want to mess with the vanilla ability. I can get the Kunai Blast vanilla ability to show up on my custom sword, but about half of the broadsword abilities don't appear to work with my sword, including my new Kunai Blast duplicate (called Plasma Bolt). I've referenced everything in all the files in the new name - currently scanning for syntax errors. Anyone have any ideas or would mind looking over my files?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you'd like to reach me real-time, add me on Steam; Debaubau is my IGN.

2. Debaubau

Successfully changed the colors of the projectiles, particles and explosion. Still won't show up on any weapons though... :(

3. Debaubau

Been looking into it more... I guess I have to patch the weaponabilities config to add my custom ability to the list...? If someone wouldn't mind confirming, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

EDIT: Got it working.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  4. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

could you tell me how? I've tried making a physicalshockwave duplicate for my sword, but I can't seem to get it to work, I've done the patch for the weapon abilities. My weapon just doesn't seem to work with any ability?