1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Lag in 1.4 update that makes the game unplayable :/

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Artemis993, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Artemis993

Artemis993 Space Hobo

So I was pretty hyped for the update, but when it came, "snap back to reality, whoop there goes gravity". My performance when running the game went to shit, I get 15 frames instead of 60+ and loading screens take 10 times longer, also sometimes I can't even leave the game because the window wont close when I try to close it so I have to wait a solid minute with an either blank screen or a frozen/crashed starbound screen... The thing is, I can run the unstable just fine, and before you think "it's because you have mods" I've ran the game with and without mods, just to have the same thing happen still. All sarcasm and complaining aside, I truly enjoy this game and and I'm kinda salty that after all the wait for the game to get updated, they just make the game unplayable for me. I've tried everything I can but I can't fix this... so... I turn to you guys. Can anyone help me fix my game?

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Moved to a more appropriate forum. (;

Artemis993 likes this.
  3. Smiling Spectre

Smiling Spectre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It plays the same for me as before. I.e. the same freezes twice per minute, but no lag and frame drops. But I use vanilla & fullscreen (window is significantly slower). Maybe reinstall from scratch, deleting all modes, and check results? Wild guess though. For me game is mostly unplayable too, but because of freezes, and there is definitely no solution so far. :(