Modding Help Lamp anomaly crashes my game. Need help.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Atri, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Atri

Atri Void-Bound Voyager

Hello.
    So I have been folowing the video tutorial by Naddox
    link:
    and everything was going fine, until I tried to make my lamp wireable in episode 8.
    After I did everything Naddox did and bassicaly copied his code. When I tried to place the lamp my game crashed.
    I uninstalled all mods, reinstalled the whole game, and still, it just crashes.
    Now (the day after I first tried) when I put the lamp down it doesn't instantly crash, the lamp disappears and everything exept my character is stuck in it's animation. After a bit even I get stuck and my computer says to me that starbound stopped working.
    When I checked back into the starbound.log I found out that when I placed Naddoxes lamp ( I put his lamp in my mod for testing) it worked but there were errors in the log saying :
    Could not load image asset '/objects/tm_deco/tin/lightpole/lightpolelit.png:default.1', using placeholder default.
    or
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/tm_deco/tin/lightpole/lightpolelit.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/tm_deco/tin/lightpole/lightpolelit.png:default.1'

It allways had a default placeholder to use, maybe my lamp doesn't have a placeholder. I don't even know what it is or how to set it so I'm kinda stuck. But I'll put the log + my lamp's code in a file so you can download it and check it if you want.
    Also I chose log 1 not just log becouse I tried once more but I forgot to put Naddoxe's lamp down.

Link to log and lamp files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b0177q9w0i0cuyq/Lamp+Log.zip

Please if you can, help me! I'm stuck here for days and can't and won't move becouse I want to know what is wrong.

2. Atri

Atri Void-Bound Voyager

Also in ridirinlamp.frames I know the Dimensions should be : [5,1] not [5,2] but it doesn't work with either.

Also I retried multiple times now and a new thing the log says is:
    [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 1: (JsonException) Json not an array of size 2 in jsonToVec2F

and

[Error] You were disconnected from the server for the following reason:
    Incoming client packet has caused exception

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

(AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/tm_deco/tin/lightpole/lightpolelit.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/tm_deco/tin/lightpole/lightpolelit.png:default.1'

frames file needs to be exact same name as the image file.

Atri likes this.
  4. Atri

Atri Void-Bound Voyager

Excuse my lack of knowledge.
    But what do you mean? The lightpole.frames needs to be same as lightpole.png , I know it doesn't make sence but, it's all I can get out of it.
    Also, I really don't care about the lightpole error, that's Naddoxe's lamp. I'm more caring about the error
    [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 1: (JsonException) Json not an array of size 2 in jsonToVec2F
    and
    [Error] You were disconnected from the server for the following reason:
    Incoming client packet has caused exception

Which were caused by my Ridirin Lamp.

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It means some where in your JSON code is missing a variable - usually something that is suppose to be in square brackets.

6. Atri

Atri Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks. Also I don't want to create a new post just for this one thing so I'll ask you. I made a bed and when i lie in it it's ok, but when I lie in it when it is placed the opposite way it bugs out and I'm sticking out way too much.
    Any ideas of what could be causing that.
    The size of the bed is 60 x 30.